Situational Awareness Chief Engineer ( R-00084318 )
Situational Awareness Chief Engineer
Leidos is looking for a Situational Awareness Chief Engineer manage, normalize and improve Interface Control Documents and Architectural System Design across a Family of Systems. This position will provide technical guidance to Prime Contractors and Suppliers for our customer. The Situational Awareness Chief Engineer will work closely with the development teams, internal integration and engineering teams, and various customer stakeholders while being a key technical leader on the program.
- Manage Customer owned ICDs and Software suites, ensuring compliance toward a Family of Systems implementation
- Make recommendations to the Customer and if directed, supervise the implementation of these recommendations to the Prime and Suppliers, for ways to make software interfaces normalized and compliant across the customers’ Family of Systems
- Provide technical expertise to software development and systems/engineering teams
- Ensure that Prime/Supplier acceptance tests are compliant with Customer Requirements and do not violate or water down Customer Requirements or ICDs.
- Provide Customer with recommendations to remove roadblocks as well as recommendations to work to an enterprise Family of Systems solution
- Critical member of Prime/Supplier Change Request board to ensure requested changes do not have adverse impacts to the Family of Systems
- Support Prototype and Future Technology efforts
- Support Proposals and Change requests
- Work with external teams to ensure successful integration
- Must currently posses a TS/SCI security clearance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Agile Development knowledge and experience
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail
- Capacity to work well in groups and the ability to lead a team.
- Required Masters with 15+ years of prior relevant experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Ground Station Development, Unmanned Air Systems, SIGINT, SAR, Electronic Attack
- Mission Planning, Threat Situational Awareness, Program Acquisition & Execution