Principal SRE Engineer ( 599897-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking to hire a Principal SRE Engineer for the Engineering Practice team within the VCG SRE group responsible for product development.
- Contribute to new product/process development as part of Engineering group which help in improving the reliability and availability of IT Systems.
- Define SRE standards to follow across all walks in IT like Monitoring, Deployment, Operations, Infrastructure Provisioning, Middleware technologies to use, DB technologies to use and audit the applications for the existence of these standards
- Develop Validation & Governance rules for new project onboarding. Identify if Governance rules are being followed as defined by EA team.
- Automate recurring tasks to eliminate toil in the operations area.
- Implement solutions in AWS Public Cloud.
- Development of products for the SRE team to avoid toil.
- Development of tools/products adhering to microservices architecture.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Programing experience in Java.
Even better if you have:
- A Degree.
- Possess development experience having worked on projects involving product development.
- Framework development using spring, springboot is desired.
- Coding experience in Python, GO is a plus.
- UI development using ReactJS.
- Cloud Administration- AWS Preferred, GCP is bonus.
- Configuration Management – Ansible.
- Scripting Languages - Shell, Python.
- No SQL - Cassandra concepts and design experience in this area.
- RDBMS - Oracle DB administration basic knowledge.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).