Principal Data Engineer (107446421)
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
We are looking for a Principal Data Engineer. This role is in the centerpiece of the ATC tech stack, and collaborates with many teams (machine learning, infrastructure, operations) and has strong ties to the business (project delivery)
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic or Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin and Letterkenny office and telecommuting from a home-based office.
• Craft and deliver, scalable, low-cost solution flows, moving data from production streams to data lake for consumption by ML teams.
• Be passionate about working with huge & heterogenous data types and love bringing datasets together to answer business questions and drive next level automation of processes.
• Write code, automate and leverage tools, to ingest and transform data using clean coding principles, while incorporating business logic as defined in conjunction with stakeholders
• Define best practices and standards in the Data area for processing and analyzing data
• Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions, such as from on-premises clusters to Cloud
• Design conceptional and logical data models, architecture diagrams and flowcharts
• Design and facilitate data-monitoring and observability models for pipelines deployed
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role.
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing and building ETL pipelines.
- Strong experience in SQL, Python, PySpark or other related technologies.
- Experience using Airfow for orchestrating data pipelines.
- Knowledge working with Kubernetes/Docker.
- Experience building data pipelines on either AWS, Azure or GCP, following best practices in Cloud deployments
- Familiar with Databricks development environment, creating scheduled data analysis workloads on cluster environment.
- Ability to debug complex data issues while working on very large data sets with billions of records
- Understanding of DevOps tools, Git workflow and building CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to work a portion of monthly work hours from our Dublin or Letterkenny office is required
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Experience working with Apache Kafka, building appropriate producer/consumer apps
- Familiarity with production quality ML and/or AI model development and deployment.
- Knowledge of modern DevOps tools and practices, around code-based release and deployment
- Experience building ML pipelines that rely on quality-controlled data inputs.
- Experience in testing database systems.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,