Automation Engineer (107406709)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
New and increased automaton technology engineering skills are needed for design operation improvements and equipment service to increase capacity and reduce operating costs. We rely heavily on our vendors to provide solutions/changes. They will be responsible for designing and implementing line changes to improve efficiency, accuracy, reduce operating expenses and increase capacity. Work with automation teams to implement processes to improve maintenance and overall uptime of equipment. Engineers will be critical to support future pharmacy designs to meet anticipated growth. New Engineers will be responsible for working on process improvement of the fulfillment center including warehouse operations to improve efficiency and accuracy.
***External candidates are eligible for a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus & Relocation Assistance***
- Work with vendor and internal engineers to focus to maximize system overall equipment effectiveness measure (OEE)
- Manage budget, schedule, and scope of design, cost justification of refurbishment/expansion projects ranging from 50k - 2 million dollars
- Design and implement automation systems in operational environments.
- Debug PLCs, networking, power systems, I/O devices, etc. and develop and improve SCADA/DCS programs
- Data analytic skills to troubleshoot and improve performance and reliability of equipment and entire system
- Installation and startup of new or changes to equipment or processes and coordinates major maintenance and repair of automation equipment
- Evaluates new developments in repackaging field for possible applications to current processes
- Be the technical expert in resolving technical issues around automation equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned based on business needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of experience in an industrial application/ environment OR Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences with 3 + years of experience in an industrial application/ environment
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences, Automation, Electrical, Mechanical
- Experience with automation equipment (conveyors, motors, PLCs, IO devices, pneumatic components, motion control, Robotics programing, Vision systems)
- Strength in problem solving technology in a highly automated environment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Automation Engineer, Integration Engineer, Automation Engineer, Industrial Application, Industrial Automation Integrator, Automation Integrator, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Project Management, Program Management, Automation engineer, Automate, growth opportunity, Phoenix, AZ