Interconnect Engineer ( 601548-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As an Interconnect Engineer, you will be part of a team that works with the latest technology to provide our customers access to our many network components including 5G systems. You will be responsible for providing end-to-end technical oversight and project management for transport network projects. These projects focus on the expansion or conversion of the Dark Fiber, EBH, and Microwave networks. Providing technical support and project management for the design, acquisition, and implementation for all transport equipment supporting Network infrastructure projects including, but not limited to DWDM and SONET Optical transport systems.
- Planning, designing, and implementing the latest transport technologies in support of our 5G UWB network rollout, in addition to supporting the existing 4G LTE infrastructure.
- Managing transport vendor RFP, selection, contract negotiation, and ongoing relationships.
- Utilizing internal databases including Granite (XNG), Fuze, INAM, and SevOne to document all fiber assets and design end to end circuit paths to include equipment configurations and card/port assignments.
- Developing and maintaining circuit delivery schedules for each project and actively managing and driving the vendors to meet our deliverables.
- Running various utilization reports to evaluate capacity and issue design changes as needed to maintain optimal performance of the fronthaul, backhaul, and microwave networks.
- Working with HQ Network Planning on strategic initiatives to develop future technology solutions that support our wireless network infrastructure.
- Collaborating with other Network Engineering and Operations groups to ensure projects meet expectant demands in support of the Company’s objectives.
- Managing capital spending on a monthly basis to align with budget, forecasted spend, and project timelines.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry.
- Knowledge of related interconnect circuits type and features i.e. TLS/EMUX/Dark Fiber.
- Knowledge on wireless 4G and 5G wireless services as it pertains to architecture, 3GPP option 3X.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of centralized ran as it pertains to interconnections in an urban environment.
- Knowledge ofwavelength division multiplexing technology.
- Knowledge of OSI stack and IPV4/IPV6 addressing.
- Knowledge of VXLan or segment routing and other routing and networking protocols i.e. MPLS, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, TCP/IP, VLAN.
- Knowledge of Nokia SR OS and configuration.
- Knowledge about unlicensed and licensed microwave technology for backhaul.
- Knowledge with transport tools such as XNG, Nautilus, Sitetraker, and FUZE.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).