Principal Data Engineer - Telecommute or Dallas, TX (107635930)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. or in Dallas, TX as you take on some tough challenges.
- Build solid relationships with product and business data and technology leaders in Optum and UnitedHealth Group
- Collaborate with onshore and offshore teams drive data management layer to enable analytic information supporting business actions in Advocacy Products
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop and execute operational and strategic interventions
- Work with Enterprise Infra teams to develop own Advocacy Cloud infrastructure
- Support analytics and data science teams with exploration of new data sources and procuring Identify and deploy appropriate analytic techniques to solve complex business problems and overcome measurement challenges
- Understand and translate key client business challenges tied to value delivery into potential analytic solutions to support those business challenges
- Work with analytics leadership, finance, and operations to ensure financial viability of new data structure
- Initiates opportunities and influences stakeholders with ideas that drive business value
- Pursue and support new business development activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of expertise working with Data in a hands-on, developer role with advanced software engineering principles
- 3+ years of experience working with both real-time and batch data, knowing the strengths and weaknesses of both and when to apply one over another
- 3+ years of proven hands-on coding experience with Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, and related Big Data stack and technologies, preferably using Scala/Python
- Experience building data pipelines on Azure following best practices in Cloud deployments
- Demonstrated ability to debug complex data issues while working on very large data sets with billions of records
- Fluent in SQL (any flavor), with experience using Window functions and more advanced features, having served in various capacities within design, development and deployment of data warehouses or relational/analytical/multi-dimensional data marts
- Experience in developing and implementing scripts for maintenance, monitoring, and performance tuning of data engineered systems
- Experience with Hadoop database tools (Hive, HBase and/or MapReduce)
- Proven ability to work with business and technical audiences, on business requirement meetings, technical white boarding exercises, and SQL coding/debugging sessions
- Familiar with IBM TWS, Airflow, or similar orchestration tool
- Familiar with Virtual Data Warehousing or use of Snowflake DWaaS
- Understanding of DevOps tools, Git workflow and building CI/CD pipelines
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.