Risk Adjustment Data Engineer - Telecommute (107870186)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
At Optum, division of Fortune 10 UHG, we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work. This role is embedded within the Quality and Risk Adjustment business of approximately 4000 team members.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S., preferably in Eden Prairie, MN or Franklin TN, as you take on some tough challenges.
- Use your sharp technical (ETL/DBA/SQL Server) skills alongside your ability to quickly grasp operational data to help support short and long term operational / strategic business activities. You’ll develop, enhance, and maintain our servers, databases, and ETLs. You’ll leverage existing SSIS packages with opportunities to build and wrangle data into our environment from untapped enterprise databases. You’ll be a direct resource to our analytical team members who in turn leverage the data you provide to analyze, forecast, trend, and present valued insights to leaders
- To succeed, you will be empowered to proactively and continuously refine our SQL server structure, custom objects, as well as the content therein. We will look to you to execute on best practices based on your history in the field and in accordance with our team standards. You will be responsible for routine monitoring of the health of our environments. You will be responsible for maintaining and building new solutions for data integration and process ownership
- Ideally, the individual who fills this role will become an expert in automation, architecture, and implementer of our SQL server ambitions; we want a best-in-class, meticulously maintained but fully pragmatic environment that can stand toe-to-toe with any other at UHG. We’re looking for that rare individual who can not only cast a vision but also deftly execute on it in such a way as to elate those that are supported by the fruit of this labor. Are you up for the challenge?
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL Server database support and analysis
- Proficiency with SSIS (including Event Handling, Project Level Connections, Containers, Job Scheduling using SQL Server Agent, Delayed Validation, etc.)
- Proficiency with SQL Server (including server level, database level, securables, roles, grants, fragmentation, backups, schemas, functions, CTEs, indexed temp tables, Stored Procedures, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Healthcare industry experience
- Eye for detail and design sense
- Proficiency with Excel (including pivots, slicers, named ranges, table references, etc.)
- Working knowledge of .NET (such as integration with SQL server, flow, expectations, advising, etc.)
- Experience in business analysis, and business process improvement/workflow/benchmarking/evaluation
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment, with structured, potentially complex issues
- Excellent communication, time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Data Visualization / Business Intelligence tools (such as Tableau, PowerBI, or SSRS), including descriptive tooltips, donut charts, LOD functions, DAX, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.