Junior Transmission Line Engineer ( R-00084754 )
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Leidos is looking for a recent college graduate to join our team as a Junior Transmission Line Engineer in our Chicago, IL office.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & Non-Technical Training Opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Mentorship & Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- NESC expertise
- Interface with local clients
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Strategic Development
- Expanding a Portfolio of Business
- Partnering with a Variety of Utility Clients Nationwide
If this sounds like the type of environment where you can thrive, then keep reading!
The successful candidate will work in a team atmosphere to provide technical and project support for high voltage transmission line projects, low voltage distribution projects, and other tasks, as assigned. He/she will be responsible for design and planning efforts related to power transmission and distribution physical facilities. This includes preparation of drawings specifications and reports to define the scope of work associated with the construction of power transmission and distribution lines. He/she will prepare or review structure loading drawings, environmental permitting drawings, right-of-way support drawings transmission line hardware and structure assembly drawings, material and equipment specifications, line design parameters, and line routing; prepare project budgets, schedules and estimates; and perform analyses in association with large scale transmission and distribution (“T&D”) projects. He/she will provide construction monitoring and field technical support for power transmission and distribution projects. Responsibilities include design of transmission line systems, structural design and load tree development, drilled pier and direct embedded foundation design, permitting, detail drawing development, material development, construction package development, etc. Additionally, the successful candidate will periodically interface with clients, and will provide assistance to Project Managers.
· B.S. in civil engineering required
· 0-2 years experience with specific transmission and distribution (“T&D”) projects
· Engineer-In Training (“EIT”) professional certification preferred
· Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills required
· Course studies in power delivery systems preferred
· Course studies in project management preferred
· Willingness to travel to project and/or client sites
· Detail oriented
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms
PowerDeliveryPay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.