Automation Engineer – Hiring Our Heroes ( MERCUSP-100550en_US)
This posting is intended for the Hiring Our Heroes, Corporate Fellowship Program. Only those US active military members registered with Hiring Our Heroes should apply.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
Our Clinical Supplies Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. The work we do in the local research plant is connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the product quality and process robustness is in all of our new products.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to build or expand your career in Automation Engineering. You will be given the opportunity to challenge and grow your talents through progressive on the job training and development of interpersonal and leadership skills to overcome difficult situations and solve technical problems.
Your Fellowship Project
You will partner with team members to identify and implement new automation and Process Analytical Technology (PAT) systems as well as work on existing systems to improve efficiency, productivity, gain more experimental data and better system utilization.
The intent of the fellowship is to:
· Provide support and obtain learnings from active projects in various fields, e.g. Process automation, utilities, process improvement, environmental monitoring
· Analyze and optimize automation system design for new and existing systems
· Develop plans to meet optimized automation targets and reduce or remove pain points in the systems
Benefits of Fellowship
· Mentoring & networking opportunities within and beyond our MRL division
· Exposure to clinical manufacturing & leaders in Research and Development
· Hands-on experience in clinical API manufacturing within a Research organization
· Opportunity to hone project management skills, problem solving and continuous improvement mindsets
· Exposure at all sizes and scale of the research API manufacturing process
Experience/Skills We are Looking for:
· Strong communication abilities, including written, verbal, and interpersonal
· Collaboration, project management and organizational skills
· Knowledge of Automation, IT and enterprise software and hardware systems
· Ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritize activities and manage multiple tasks within deadlines
· Experience in working in an environment with novel designs and innovative thinking
· Experience in Automation (DCS, SCADA or PLC), PAT, and GMP
· Experience working on cross-functional teams
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and any programming ability would be of interest
Primary Work Site/Schedule
Rahway, NJ; Monday-Thursday (8:00am – 5:00pm)