Associate Relay Settings Engineer ( R-00087794 )
DescriptionJob Description:Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
We are seeking an Associate Relay Settings Engineer who will work out of our Framingham, MA office. You would work as a member of a dynamic team within our Energy Solutions Operation, working in a fast paced environment, and solving challenging substation engineering problems. In the project engineering role the qualified individual will require a combination of strong engineering and interpersonal skills and high attention to detail with a passion for quality. The position will include reporting to project managers and directing design engineers and CADD/designer staff and performing design quality reviews. Additionally, the candidate may be responsible for interfacing directly with clients and other staff in remote office locations. Assignments cover the full range of project planning through design and construction support. Design work may range from Protection and Control schemes at 12.5kV through 500kV to Smart Grid and substation communications projects.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & Non-Technical Training Opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Mentorship & Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- NESC expertise
- Interface with local clients
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Strategic Development
- Expanding a Portfolio of Business
- Partnering with a Variety of Utility Clients Nationwide
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Engineering offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in electrical engineering ( emphasis on Power system or Communication engineering)
- The preferred candidate would have a Minimum of 6 month to 1 years co-op" and "internship relevant experience in high voltage electrical utility substation protection and control engineering and experience with:
- One and three-line diagrams
- Experience with communication devices HMI, SCADA and RTU is a big plus
- Control and protection schemes including the preparation of schematics and wiring diagram.
- Experienced with calculation of relay settings for microprocessor relays including SEL, Alstom, GE, ABB and others.
- Some past experience of using ASPEN and CAPE for coordination studies and fault study analysis is a plus
- Previous Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience is a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
- Team player who can work effectively in team environment;
- Self-starter who work independently with minimal direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
- High level of computer competency
- Experience with AutoCAD or Microstation is a plus
- Periodic travel may be required
PDSSUBSTATIONPay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.