Electrical Engineer ( R-00088808-OTHLOC-PL-2D0700 )
The Leidos Civil group is seeking a mid-level Electrical Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) Team, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s Unstaffed Infrastructure Team (AJW-242). This position will be 100% Telecommute and Full-time.Primary Responsibilities
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by reviewing designs and Applying knowledge of electrical schematics and materials.
- Will manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines through to completion.
- Will successfully complete multiple projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of electrical codes and standards including the National Electrical Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and International Building Code (IBC)
- Will communication with stakeholders in written and verbal form
- Produce clear and concise general and technical writing products and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to site preparation and equipment installation problems.
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the closure of construction-related punch-list items.
- Conduct efficient, organized data gathering and data analysis.
- Develop project plans, establish project schedules and project estimates.
- Discuss project-related items with stakeholders, contractors and code related Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must have an Electrical Engineering Degree from a 4 year ABET accredited college or university and 4 to 8 years of relevant work experience or Masters Degree in related field and 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as an information gathering and communications tool.
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD / MICROSTATION.
- Some accounting or financial experience.
- Must possess basic knowledge of multiple disciplines as applied to general requirements as typical for standard types of engineering projects.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.