Mechanical Engineer ( R-00088713-OTHLOC-PL-2D0961 )
The Leidos Civil group is seeking a mid level Mechanical Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) Team, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s Unstaffed Infrastructure Team (AJW-242). This position will be 100% Telecommute and Full-time.Primary Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating Mechanical systems Design in accordance with contract documents. In addition, collaborating with subcontractors, performing quality control, and safety checks, and providing on-site direction as needed. Update team of workers, including work schedules, project progress and resource allocation
- Evaluates mechanical systems, products, components, and applications by reviewing designs
- Applying knowledge of mechanical/ plumbing / Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- Collaborate with clients, Project Managers, other construction management to determine budget and timeline
- Assures product quality by reviewing mechanical & plumbing designs and ensuring current standards are applied
- Mechanical Engineering degree from a 4-year ABET-accredited College/University and 4 years of relevant work experience or Masters Degree in related field with 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Relevant experience must include experience with mechanical and plumbing design.
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards, including the International Mechanical Code (IMC), International Plumbing Code (IPC), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), and American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) standards
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as an information gathering and communications tool.
- Must have experience using of project scheduling software such as Microsoft Projects
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship or a Green Card and 3 years of residency in the United States.
- Demonstrated aptitude for collaboration, teamwork and risk management.
- Oversee project all the way through completion
- FAA Experience or Military Aviation background
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and controls, engine/generators, fuel storage tanks and piping
- Professional Engineering License
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.