Civil Engineer ( R-00088799-OTHLOC-PL-2D0700 )
DescriptionJob Description:Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos Civil group is seeking a Civil Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) program, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) programs (AJW-242). This position is 100% remote with 25 to 50% travel.
- Designing shelter replacements, road improvements, roofing replacements, facility structural improvements, and facility modernization.
- Will manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines through to completion.
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
- Produce clear and concise general and technical writing products and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to site preparation and equipment installation problems.
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the closure of construction-related punch-list items.
- Conduct efficient, organized data gathering and data analysis.
- Develop project plans, establish project schedules and project estimates.
- Discuss project-related items with stakeholders, contractors and code related Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Provide well-organized documentation.
- Work independently in a large engineering organization.
- Will work with multiple disciplines as applied to general requirements as typical for standard types of engineering projects.
- Civil Engineering degree from a 4-year ABET-accredited College/University with 4 to 8 years of relevant experience or Masters degree and 2 to 6 years of experience.
- Relevant experience should include experience designing shelter replacements, road improvements, roofing replacements, facility structural improvements, and facility modernization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as an information gathering and communications tool.
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD / MICROSTATION.
- Managing multiple projects concurrently.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.