RF Engineer ( 605083-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our network engineering team keeps us ahead of the competition. As an RF Engineer, you’ll be redesigning mature network areas to minimize capacity constraints and improve SINR while working with other areas of network to ensure performance fixes and initiatives are in place. You’ll play a key role in making sure our customers continue to enjoy the crystal-clear connections and outstanding call performance that we’re known for.
- Managing search area issuance, candidate assessment, and approvals.
- Partnering with System Performance to improve various network KPIs.
- Using internal tools to process regulatory compliance.
- Working on new cell sites, making sure the site is properly integrated into the network and optimized for peak performance.
- Performing Macro/Small Cell design/In Building design, including antenna selection and placement.
- Using knowledge of GSM, LTE, CDMA 1x, EVDO and microwave to contribute to network design.
- Support the investigation and resolution of customer complaints.
- Work on new cell sites, making sure site is properly integrated into network and optimized for peak performance.
- Proactively looks for areas to improve overall network performance. Find and resolve system issues on the network by utilizing traditional and non-traditional means.
- Provide leadership and direction to your team as well as other network teams.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to deploy and optimize components for best efficiency and reliability.
- Provide subject matter expertise. Help train new team members and mentors current engineers. Provide presentations to other groups as required.
- Take ownership of issues and drives them to resolution.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You take ownership of issues and their successful resolution. You’re proactive, driven to find improvement opportunities, and creative and persistent in solving problems. Your outstanding time management, prioritization, and planning skills help you thrive in a dynamic work environment. A committed teammate, mentoring and developing more junior team members is important to you.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in RF design and optimization.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver's license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.
- Knowledge of RF theory and practice, as well as LTE/VoLTE technology.
- Experience in design & optimization of LTE/VoLTE networks.
- Expert knowledge of propagation modeling software such as Planet EV or Atoll.
- Understanding of LTE network KPIs and key parameters.
- Experience with Model Tuning.
- Knowledge of various RF tools such as Mapinfo or post processing software.
- Knowledge of SQL scripting or VB Scripting.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including VB macro creation and worksheet manipulation.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.