Leidos has an immediate need for a Cybersecurity Engineer to support the Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Operations Center (ROC) program. The selected candidate will be the cybersecurity subject matter expert on a larger, geographically dispersed team. Preferred duty location is the Hurlburt Field, FL area with acceptable alternatives being the Colorado Springs, CO area or Cannon AFB, NM area.
- Research and develop technical and programmatic cybersecurity Concept of Operations (CONOPS) for new and existing capabilities
- Ensure adherence to evolving cybersecurity standards using scan tools and manual guides (e.g. Nessus, Security Technical Implementation Guides)
- Develop technical and written solutions to cybersecurity vulnerabilities (e.g. Group Policy, Scripts, documentation)
- Support the achievement and maintenance of Authority to Operate (ATO) awards and all associated artifacts
- Execute and support cybersecurity assessments, internal and as part of Security Assessor evaluations
- Support Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) documentation and remediation
- Support site Information Systems Security Officers (ISSOs) when required
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or a related discipline with four (4) years of related experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- DoD 8570 IAT Le)vel II or higher certification (e.g. Security+ CE or better)
- Hands on experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. ACAS, SCC, Nessus)
- Hands on experience with developing and integrating cybersecurity solutions
- Experience with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Proficient with MS Office products
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient interpersonal skills as part of a team and capable of working independently
- Business travel to customer, vendor, and other Leidos locations will be required as needed, not to exceed 25%
- Candidate must possess an active DOD Top Secret level security clearance, and be eligible to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI level clearance.
- Experience with Cross Domain Solutions (CDS), Multi-Level Security (MLS), and virtualized environments
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.