Site Reliability Engineer - Telecommute (111626230)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Solutran, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading Fintech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. Solutran’s success is grounded in S3®, our proprietary financial network, which is used by the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government entities. As a FinTech industry leader, our Solutran S3®platform helps members manage their supplemental benefits, products and services discounts, and rewards all in one place - through a single card, app, and website.
Solutran has established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class payment solutions used by millions.
Learn more about our latest innovations at www.solutran.com.
As a Software Engineer, you’re expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will help deliver insights and automated solutions to help our systems display world-class reliability. This specific position is for someone who loves to dig in and improve production systems. You will help the team improve the deployment pipeline, triage and support our production systems as well as apply your programming skills to develop and create solutions which improve application monitoring and performance.
The Site Reliability Engineer will work on a team dedicated to improving our application service levels while providing a rich feature set, high availability, and performance for both internal and external customers. This position is part of a team that is the first line of support for ensuring our systems are up and running at their best. Work will be done in an environment where applications may rely on a blended infrastructure of both on-premise and cloud deployments.
If you are located within Plymouth, MN you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and improve the tools and services necessary to support the DevOps model and eliminate manual work through automation including implementing practices that support Agile and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) principles
- Help improve customer experience and application performance through quantitative service monitoring, alerting, and the use of data and operational dashboards
- Help define and achieve the Service Level Objective (SLO) for our applications and services
- Create and build necessary tools or processes required to meet our SLOs
- Provide support for high priority incidents (P1 and P2) impacting production and disaster recovery situations to ensure system recovery within SLA
- Perform and participate in ITSM tasks without supervision, and able to provide direct feedback to improve ITSM processes
- Documentation and diagrams, outlining systems capabilities, processes, and environments in a manner that others can understand
- Work on team projects, as well as individually assigned projects
- Off hours support as needed - i.e. deployments
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other Solutran Technical Service staff
- Other duties as assigned
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- CI/CD Pipeline development
- Build Tools - Jenkins / Octopus / LiquiBase/ Azure DevOps/ GitHub Actions
- .Net Programming
- Logging and Monitoring - Splunk/ DataDog
- Oracle & PL/SQL
- Source Control - git / tfs / BitBucket
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional IT experience (system administration, software development, or a combination), with steadily increasing responsibilities
- Experience building highly available and reliable systems with C#, .Net and IIS
- Experience with one or more modern monitoring and log forwarding tools such as DataDog or Splunk
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies and enabling automation for deployments
- Experience supporting critical applications in production
- Administration of IIS Web Servers including SSL Certificates and ciphers
- Oracle Cloud or Terraform Experience
- Worked in a Site Reliability Engineering or DevOps role
- Use of Ticketing and Alerting Tools - Jira/ FreshService/ PagerDuty/Splunk On-call
- CI/CD pipeline development using GitHub Actions
- PowerShell and Python Scripting
- Performance testing using Blazemeter or similar tool
- Clear understanding of security best practices and secure programing including use of Veracode
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
Where you will work:
- This is a hybrid position, working some days in our office in Plymouth, MN and other days remote
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.