Data Warehouse Engineer - (naviHealth) -Brentwood, TN (111720285)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Data Warehouse Engineer plays a critical role in building and supporting naviHealth’s Enterprise Data Warehouse to deliver strategic business value to the organization. The Data Warehouse Engineer is responsible for designing and developing enterprise applications utilizing primary technologies such as SQLServer, Bigdata, and moving from on premise to cloud infrastructure. This is a collaborative position that will partner with both technical and non-technical colleagues to support naviHealth’s growth strategy, innovative mindset, and commitment to quality.
- Design, code, test, and deploy new data warehouse features
- Ensure that the established standards are followed for application architecture, development, documentation and deployment
- Actively participate in code walkthroughs/inspections to ensure consistency and quality
- Follow the established software development methodology
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other departments to plan and deploy new data warehouse releases or product enhancements
- Analyze query performance and perform query tuning to assist development engineers in designing and optimizing queries
- Troubleshoot production support issues in the application environments
- Extract data from disparate sources and transform into internal formats for loading into our platform
- Perform technical analysis and requirements definition with our partners on service integrations
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience with Data Warehouse design and development of data structures and ETL processes in MS SQL Server or Oracle environment
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau solution development, and integration with existing architecture and data engineering assets
- Experience with architecting, designing, implementing, managing and supporting OLTP, OLAP or Warehouse Database Management Systems
- Understanding of quality assurance and data quality principals as applied to an ETL architecture
- Critical thinking abilities to take complex, ambiguous, abstract requirements and break them into smaller components, patterns, views and features
- Solid ability to communicate technical and data concepts to non-technical audiences, and business concepts to technical audiences
- Ability to collaborate with other team members in the execution of large-scale projects
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
naviHealth, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, combines the talents of our dedicated staff and leading-edge technology to deliver compassionate care to seniors nationwide. With millions of lives touched, we are innovating the way health care is delivered from hospital to home so seniors can lead more fulfilling lives. A career with us means making an impact in the lives of those we serve, including vulnerable populations who benefit from care that is more efficient, more effective and more human. Our environment empowers our team members to elevate our interactions with each other and the experiences we deliver to our patients, giving them more days at home. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data warehouse, engineer, engineering, Brentwood, TN