0365/Mobile Engineer ( R-00090640 )
Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End-User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The successful candidate will work within an ITIL environment with a large focus on DevOps. The candidate will be a member of the ECIS Email Services Team providing Tier 2 support for O365 Hybrid Microsoft Exchange environment. The system is based on Microsoft technology, including on-premises Exchange 2013, O365 and support for more than 15,000 mailboxes. Priorities will include servicing a complex Mobile device Management (MDM) and Mobile Application Management (MAM) systems. Independently develops solutions, approaches, or makes recommendations to resolve wide range of complex or difficult problems for both internal/external customers including vendors. These processes and production requirements often require a flexible work schedule. Serve as mentor for Junior Email Engineers. Candidate may need to give presentations from time to time and often this entails producing well written technical documents specific to the customer's environment and objectives. The candidate will participate in scrum sprint activities as needed for Email related service solutions. Candidate must be able to speak clearly and communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with a customer's Technical staff as well as Senior Management. Additional responsibilities will include troubleshooting and working with other technical functional groups i.e., Service Desk, Datacomm, EUA, Security and Engineering Team for all supported technical issues.
Under the direction of the Development and Engineering Lead, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with Identity Management, Collaboration, Messaging, and Mobility Services resources to reach quality results and progressive achievements. Able to understand cross-team dependencies to ensure new or changed solutions comply with OIT vision, environment, and Security considerations.
- Identify opportunities for improved user experience based on knowledge of existing solutions, current user technology, M365 Roadmap and industry trends. Understand requirements gathering, evaluation, testing and lifecycle management for hardware & software.
- Support pilot and velocity migration of an existing MDM MaaS360 implementation into Microsoft Intune/ Microsoft Endpoint Manager (MEM)
- Assist with the development of an Intune solution that incorporates Derived Creds, Outlook Mobile, Microsoft Office Mobile app,
- Contribute to the delivery of MDM project document deliverables and artifacts
- Develop and produce MDM activity, performance, compliance, and enrollment reports.
- Recommend improvements in Mobile Application Management posture
- Support efforts for large scale exchange administration automation for user T0 self-service and admin support for day to day operations.
- Perform day-to-day Email administration tasks leveraging a combination of Microsoft Exchange Management Console and Exchange Management Shell (EMC/EMS) and the O365 ECP to manage end user mailboxes, shared mailboxes, distribution list, Room mailboxes and Public Folders.
- Leverage Microsoft Exchange Management Console and Exchange Management Shell (EMC/EMS) and the O365 ECP to create new end user mailboxes, shared mailboxes, distribution list, Room mailboxes and Public Folders.
- Perform day-to-day Active Directory management by updating and creating new security groups, update accounts permissions, manage Users and Workstations Organizational Units (OUs).
- Provide consultation on Group Policy (GPO) management as it relates to Outlook configurations and settings.
- Create and maintain documentation related to Email processes and ConOps on a quarterly basis.
- Take the Lead with issue escalation by Deskside support team for client access issues for resolution.
- Routinely evaluate related email processes and work for continued process improvement and automation and make informed decision for implementation with proper change process.
- Create new and modify existing PowerShell scripts to automate reporting or administrative tasks based on extensive knowledge of Exchange Management Shell and create new processes.
- Provide input on strategic planning for the ongoing design, development and improvement of messaging infrastructure, including requirements and implications as they relate to business continuity and disaster recovery and recommend solutions to Management for consideration.
- Participate as required with DevOps oriented Agile Scum sprints for Email related projects and enhancements.
- Work directly with the customer and HHS ITIO operations teams collaborating on tasks, engineering efforts and issue resolution.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technologies, regularly analyzing and evaluating their impact and benefit to the customer and provide recommendations to management and leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, or Computer Science with 4-8 years of progressive experience or Master’s Degree in relevant field with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Azure
- Expert understanding of MDM and MAM methodologies
- Expert understanding of Microsoft Intune / Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Expert understanding of Apple Business Manager and Volume Purchasing Program (VPP)
- Experience deploying Intune App protection policies
- Experience in PowerShell scripting for Exchange online, Active Directory and Skype for Business
- Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and internet fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of O365 authentication methodologies
- Demonstrated understanding of deploying BYOD mobile policies
- Demonstrated understanding of deploying Outlook Mobile
- Must have a strong knowledge of exchange administration automation through PowerShell.
- Strong Active Directory Group/User object manipulation.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure services: DNS, WINS, DHCP.
- Solid understanding of Group Policies.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management)
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Strong experience with administering Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, 2013 & O365 Exchange Online mailboxes, Distribution Groups and Shared Mailboxes.
- Strong experience with administering Active Directory environment using Windows 2008 or 2012 Servers.
- Previous experience working in an agile scrum environment.
- Previous experience employing DevOps methodologies.
- Experience with multiple coexistent MDM platforms.
- Experience implementing DISA STIGs on mobile devices with respect to Intune policies
- Experience with O365 licenses with respect to Intune / MEM
- Experience integrating OneDrive or BOX on Mobile devices
- Experience with an MDM environment serving over 2000 mobile devices with a Federal agency
- Experience deploying mobile devices with Apple iOS 14 and 15
- Experience implementing MDM solution with Derived Credentials
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.