UPS Power Engineer ( R-00091084 )
This position is with the Power Services Group that provides both electrical engineering support and program analysis for the UPS Program. The location is in Washington DC and is part of the National Air Space Integration Support Contract IV (NISC IV). The Power Services Group provides support for critical power infrastructure for FAA.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
Reviewing and providing comments on UPS Design drawing
Identifying and validating lifecycle requirements for 50 KVA and larger UPS Backup power systems and batteries.
Preparing requests for quotation, evaluating received quotations, creating/submitting funding requests
Initiating, reviewing and tracking organizational risk management activities
Participating in weekly and monthly telecoms
Creating and maintaining project schedules
- Requires a BS Degree in Electrical Engineering/Power Systems, or similar.. Additional years of related work experience can be substituted for a degree.
- 4+ years experience in UPS back up power systems design, review, installation and project management.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power Point.
- Ability to support customer and senior engineers in designs, reviews, red-lines/changes, processes, cost determinations, schedules and technical impacts of changes
- Ability to ensure designs or changes are in compliance with applicable government and industry standards.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Ability to represent customer in meetings and other activities dealing with both inside and outside of the department.
- Ability to work well with engineering and management staffs including external organizations to ensure timely follow up and on-time project completion.
- Familiarity with FAA, FAA Corporate Work Plan and industry standards with regards to 50KVA+ UPS Backup Power Systems & designs.
- l Advanced Excel knowledge and skills
- l Strong communication skills.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.