Signatures Modeling Engineer
Do you want to join a high performing team that values integrity, innovation, and collaboration with a company whose mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science? Are you interested in making a difference by applying your signature production skills toward state-of-the-art research and development problems? Leidos currently has an exciting opening for a signatures modeling engineer to work in our Beavercreek, Ohio office.
As a Signatures Modeling Engineer, you will apply your skills and critical thinking to a wide variety of signature modeling programs supporting AFRL, NASIC, LCMC, and other customer agencies. You will run state of the art signature prediction codes, like Xpatch and SENTRi on airborne and ground-based vehicle models to generate highly accurate signature models. You will also create custom signature prediction tools and perform special analyses in support of critical customer mission areas. This job offers a unique ability to collaborate directly with the creators of industry standard tools such as Xpatch as well as others (SENTRi, etc.). We are looking for a qualified candidate to bring technical excellence, leadership, entrepreneurship, and creativity to our programs. You will interact with customers, participate in, and lead technical projects areas, and pursue growth in new areas. This position requires most job duties to be performed onsite due to the sensitive nature of this work and the desire for in-person collaboration, however we offer flexible in-office hours and the ability to perform some job duties remotely.
- Model and characterize electromagnetic (EM) phenomenology (scattering, absorption, polarization, refraction, diffraction, etc.) primarily in, but not limited to, radio frequency (RF) bands
- Characterize and evaluate radar cross sections (RCS)
- Verify and validate measured data and computational electromagnetic (CEM) predictions
- Create signature predictions using CEM prediction software (SENTRi, Xpatch, COMSOL, CST, HFSS, Feko, etc.)
- Write and present technical information related to development activities
- Assist or lead the team with business development activities by supporting proposal and technical solution development and also in interfacing with other parts of Leidos for multi-disciplinary capture opportunities
- Apply technical leadership abilities and lead or assist teams to develop solutions for complex technical issues
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years’ experience or a master’s degree or higher with 10+ years’ experience in Electrical Engineering or a closely related scientific field such as Physics, Optics, Engineering Physics, etc.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Strong understanding of applied electromagnetics with skills in EM modeling and experimentation
- Adept in CEM prediction software and proven history of applying simulation tools to characterize EM phenomenology
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness and interest to collaborate in an interdisciplinary team environment to drive towards overall project and team objectives
- Expert in technical writing, documentation, and organization
- Ability to both lead and work as a team member
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Ability to lead small technical teams to solve complex problems
- A self-starter with a strong drive to lead and develop solutions that meet customer demands in a timely manner
- Active TOP SECRET is desired, but not required
- Radar Cross Section (RCS) design familiarity
- Knowledge of antenna and radome design principles
- CAD and meshing familiarity
- Supervisory experience
- Interest in Business Development
- Entrepreneurial interest in working across multi-disciplinary teams on larger, more complex undertakings
LInCPay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.