Signature Modeling Engineer
Do you want to join a high performing team that values integrity, innovation, and collaboration with a company whose mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science? Are you interested in making a difference by applying your signature production skills toward state-of-the-art research and development problems? Leidos currently has an exciting opening for a signatures modeling engineer to work in our Beavercreek, Ohio office.
As a Signatures Modeling Engineer, you will apply your skills and critical thinking to a wide variety of signature modeling programs supporting AFRL, NASIC, LCMC, and other customer agencies. You will run state of the art signature prediction codes, like Xpatch and SENTRi on airborne and ground-based vehicle models to generate highly accurate signature models. You will also create custom signature prediction tools and perform special analyses in support of critical customer mission areas. This job offers a unique ability to collaborate directly with the creators of industry standard tools such as Xpatch as well as others (SENTRi, etc.). We are looking for a qualified candidate to bring technical excellence, leadership, entrepreneurship, and creativity to our programs. You will interact with customers, participate in, and lead technical projects areas, and pursue growth in new areas. This position requires most job duties to be performed onsite due to the sensitive nature of this work and the desire for in-person collaboration, however we offer flexible in-office hours and the ability to perform some job duties remotely.
- Work in small teams to achieve program goals
- Model and characterize electromagnetic (EM) phenomenology’s (scattering, absorption, polarization, refraction, diffraction, etc.) primarily in radio frequency (RF) bands
- Characterize and evaluate radar cross sections (RCS)
- Verify and validate measured data and computational electromagnetic (CEM) predictions
- Create signature predictions using CEM prediction software (SENTRi, Xpatch, COMSOL, CST, HFSS, Feko, etc.)
- Write and present technical information related to development activities
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years’ experience or a master’s degree or higher with 2+ years’ experience in Electrical Engineering or a closely related scientific field such as Physics, Optics, Engineering Physics, etc.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Proficient understanding of applied electromagnetics with skills in EM modeling and experimentation and interest in continuous learning
- Adept in CEM prediction software and proven history of applying simulation tools to characterize EM phenomenology
- Good communication skills and a willingness and interest to collaborate in an interdisciplinary team environment to drive towards overall project and team objectives
- Demonstrated abilities in technical writing, documentation, and organization
- Ability to work as a team member
- Solid attention to detail and deadlines
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Master’s / PhD
- Active SECRET or higher clearance is desired, but not required
- Radar Cross Section (RCS) design familiarity
- Knowledge of antenna design principals, array technology, frequency selective surfaces, and/or radome design principles
- CAD and meshing familiarity
- A basic understanding of, or exposure to the following is a plus, but not required:
- Automatic Target Recognition
- Radar signal processing fundamentals
- MATLAB, Python, and C++
- Experience with running simulations on high-performance computing (HPC), graphics processor units (GPU), and other advanced processing platforms \
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
LInCPay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.