Seeking a highly capable and experienced test engineer to join the Leidos team to support development and testing of maritime and undersea systems for the US Navy. Projects include undersea autonomous systems, undersea sensing and communications systems, and integration with Naval vessels and support systems. Previous DoD program-of-record experience is favored. Previous experience with electromechanical hardware, electronics, and software integrated system test is preferred
Test Engineering responsibilities include:
- Working with design engineers, production personnel, customers, and other stakeholders to identify and develop verification methods for system, subsystem, and component level requirements
- Planning, managing, and tracking project test efforts
- Developing detailed test plans, procedures, and reports
- Provide field support planning, shipboard mobilization/de-mobilization support, shipboard at-sea testing and operational support, and other field support in general.
- Overseeing and performing developmental testing and test reporting in the lab and in a marine environment.
- Leading system level qualification testing at Commercial and Government test facilities and at sea.
- Direct interaction with customers, teammates, and functional peer groups
- Skills commensurate with primary responsibilities described above.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Sciences and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or an MS with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision.
- Strong, effective, and professional communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative in troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues; creative in determining approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb ladders, and work in enclosed spaces.
- Previous experience with electromechanical hardware, electronics, and software integrated system test.
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Maritime systems and/or ocean engineering experience greatly preferred.
- Prior experience with unmanned underwater vehicles and associated electronics/sensors, underwater cables/connectors, control and monitor electronics, launch and recovery subsystems, and system-to-host interfaces, including acoustic ranging and communications.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.