Electrical Engineer Designer
$5K Sign On Bonus and 40 hours of PTO upfront for the right candidate!
The Maritime Solutions Division (MSD) of Leidos is currently seeking a qualified, energetic, and resourceful engineer to fill the position of Electrical Engineer. Leidos MSD develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients.
This is an opportunity to assist in the development, demonstration, and production of advanced ocean sensor systems and payload subsystems, and integration of those systems with manned and unmanned maritime platforms. The position will design electronics used for data acquisition and embedded systems for current and future projects that span advanced concept and prototype development.
This position will support up to a 50% teleworking schedule throughout the year. It will also require periodic travel to and coordination with engineering activities at other Leidos facilities and government facilities, in multiple locations across the United States and possibly the United Kingdom. Initial focus will be on support of operations and maintenance activities at the Southeast Alaska Acoustic Measurement Facility (SEAFAC), the South Tongue of the Ocean Acoustic Measurement Facility (STAFAC), the British Underwater Test and Evaluation Centre (BUTEC), and other US Navy programs.
- Develop and test electronic circuit designs (schematic/firmware/digital/analog)
- Perform circuit/system simulations
- Assist in Integrating subsystems and provide field support for finished systems
- Perform research and development activities in a lab, in the field, or at sea
- Provide support for scientific measurements
- Assist in producing detailed test plans, procedures, and reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited program with 2+ years of applicable experience
- Experience with analog and digital circuitry design such as op-amp circuits, ADC/DAC converters, microcontrollers
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and signal generators
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret-level security clearance, US Citizenship is required.
- Work well both independently and with a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive problem solving
- Willingness to learn and improve skillsets
- Experience with Schematic capture (OrCAD or Altium), Linux command line, Python or C, SPICE simulation, Matlab, Verilog and/or VHDL, Microchip PICs, Xilinx FPGAs, National Instruments LabView
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.