USELMS Engineer / Intelligence Analyst
Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
Leidos currently has an opening for an Radar Engineer/Intelligence Analysts at the 57th Intelligence Squadron, 365th ISR Group, 363rd ISR Wing, 16th Air Force, at Joint-Base San Antonio, Lackland Texas.
The Radar Engineer/Intelligence Analysts will perform engineering and intelligence data integrity reviews of systems assigned as part of the U.S. Electromagnetic Systems (USELMS) database in support of world-wide Electronic Warfare (EW) support activities. This highly technical role will provide expert guidance of assigned work flows, technical/engineering verification of analysis methodologies, validation of technical and intelligence sources, ensure compliance with EW and IC community standards, and perform support for any project activities attached to the overall collaboration of tasked EW, Radar, Electro-Optical/Infrared, and similar systems as needed to support the customer’s mission. The USELMS data files and/or studies must meet community guidelines and standards to be usable in the deliverable format(s). The work is coordinated with existing Acquisition Intelligence requirements, Requests for Information (RFI), and Data Quality Feedback (DQF) to ensure end user requirements for own-forces and U.S. commercial parametric data are communicated, prioritized, and satisfied. The USELMS database provides foundational data to the EW and Joint Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations (JEMSO) communities in support of Electronic Warfare Integrated Reprogramming (EWIR) requirements. The intent is to map, identify, and program EM emissions for own-force assets as well as treaty partners within AORs to ensure combat effectiveness and battlespace awareness is not degraded.
- Ability to provide engineering assessment and review of United States Electromagnetic Systems (USELMS) database system/data files
- Perform independent quality control of technical information, engineering data, and intelligence studies
- Perform, document, and forward independent quality control studies to government Program Managers for consideration prior to formal acceptance
- Develop and maintain consistency in processes, standards, and procedures with other Intelligence Mission Data (IMD) Production Centers and end users
- Provide analysis of own-forces and U.S Commercial Radar, EO/IR, RF & Military Comm systems, and similar systems as needed
- Expert understating of military technical data, engineering diagrams, system block diagrams, intelligence studies, and commercial technical manuals
- Provide support the reprogramming requirements of aircraft electronic warfare systems
- A Bachelors Degree and 6 + years of experience within the Electronic Warfare community, Intelligence community, or experience within an Intelligence Mission Data (IMD) Production Center OR a Associates degree and 10 years of experience within the Electronic Warfare community, Intelligence community, or experience within an Intelligence Mission Data (IMD) Production Center.
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. Mission Design Series (MDS) technical manuals, DoD technical data, engineering diagrams, system block diagrams, intelligence studies/products, and commercial technical manuals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently upon assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
- Current TS/SCI clearance required and knowledge of related security practices.
- Radar systems design/operations/maintenance, Technical ELINT analysis, and military experience within the EW and IC communities are highly desired.
- BS degrees within Electrical Engineering, Radar Engineering, and similar technical degrees are highly desired.
- DoD ISR and EW experience; highly desired
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.