When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Network Engineering and Operations Engineers will be responsible for installation, monitoring, testing and maintenance of earth station telecommunications and associated equipment per specifications and operational procedures; Radio Frequency (RF), Intermediate Frequency (IF), and baseband technologies, along with other responsibilities including:
- Responsible for installation, monitoring, testing and maintenance of earth station telecommunications and associated equipment.
- Perform testing and diagnostic procedures on equipment according to published equipment standards with support. Use test, measurement and diagnostic equipment to analyze, interpret, troubleshoot, document and restore digital services.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure effective results on all workflows.
- Perform monitoring of vendor activities, and remote monitoring of other earth stations when necessary.
- Monitor the network for anomalies and handle issues from customers according to established procedures for management and technical escalations.
- Monitor service level and take appropriate action to maintain.
- Perform with support the assembly, installation, configuration and/or testing of satellite and network equipment including amplifiers, modems, routers, switches, multiplexers, etc., along with associated wiring and cabling
- Coordinate the testing and turn up of service with all involved parties.
- Work with government, international and domestic customers to maintain highest level of service for their circuits.
- Responsible for site operation with minimal supervision during eight hour shifts.
- Commissioning of VSAT terminals for both I-Direct and Newtec networks.
- Responsible for multiple VSAT hubs on site providing many customers with critical services.
- Initiates emergency restoration procedures following commercial power failures.
- Monitors earth station and terrestrial systems for proper operation.
- Establish good working relationship with internal/external departments to ensure timely completion of various tasks.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of experience in RF/Satellite communications.
- A valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Telecommunications.
- Four or more years of experience in Satellite Network Communications.
- One or more years of experience with IP Technologies.
- Other Satellite or IP Certifications.
- CCNA/CCNP or other Cisco Certifications.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.