At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is looking to fill a Systems Engineer - SCCM Deployment and Packager Engineer position within the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD) to support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). The SCCM Deployment and Packager Engineer will bring extensive knowledge and experience in system administration creating, developing, and maintaining existing packages. SCCM Deployment and Packager Engineer is responsible for the development, testing, maintenance, standardization of application deployment and security updates deployment to all workstations and servers on a task order supporting a large federal government agency. The Customer utilizes an Agile Framework to plan and successfully complete all initiatives. The work location is in Bethesda at the Intelligence Community Campus.
- Creation and deployment of desktop software packages and managing scheduled software patching and updates
- Patching, application developing, and as required architect and design
- Utilize deployment techniques, advertisements and software center restricted and public application publishing
- Leverage SCCM to provide security updates, cumulative rollups, hotfixes, and other updates as necessary to workstations and servers
- Maintain existing packages and add new packages as required in support of a large government customer base
- Create and administer advertisements, programs, collections, and custom reports
- Troubleshoot failed SCCM deployments and SCCM health issues
- Troubleshoot unhealthy SCCM clients
- Leverage Group Policy and Active directory to modify installation package behavior, Ability to create and edit scripts in PowerShell, restrict features, and improve security.
- Deploy security updates/configurations, supporting Windows desktop and server images, and day to day support for the enterprise. Third party and custom application support is also necessary, including utilization of other endpoint management tools
- Work with systems engineers on security updates, vulnerability patches, hotfixes and other updates or scripts to provide workarounds of fixes to user workstations and servers as required
- Develop and produce documentation, SOPs, reports, and presentation slide decks
- Communicates effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences (both contractor and federal government employees)
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with government customer
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of relevant experience, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience supervising others.
- Previous experience developing and deploying Software Packages and Applications for workstations and laptops using SCCM and Software Center
- Familiarity and understanding of AD, Forest, and domain environments including Group and Local Policies, filters, groups, login scripts and registry (Windows)
- Coordinate system drivers and software application updates
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP along with an appropriate computing environment (CE) certification)
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Relevant NMEC focused experience or agency knowledge
- Microsoft Intune and/or Autopilot knowledge experience a plus
- Microsoft Office 365 and Windows O/S working experience
- Microsoft certification
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with troubleshooting within a security environment
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.