Radiation Electrical Engineer
Leidos Maritime Systems Division has an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer, The employee will be based at San Diego, at the Point Loma Naval Base, supporting systems development at Naval Information Warfare Center, Pacific. There will be approximately 10% travel required, this position does not offer teleworking. Position requires a Secret security clearance.
EE support is sought for system design, prototyping, and testing of radiation detection systems. Tasking could include embedded system development, printed circuit board design, and network integration. The candidate will interact with radiation scientists, computer scientists, other electrical engineers, and other staff routinely on each project to garner requirements. The candidate must be able to translate requirements to electrical design, which may include using both commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) components and custom design circuits. The candidate is expected to document and present system designs using commonly accepted practices in NIWC Pac. The candidate must be able to perform routine design and test tasks independently without supervision.
- Embedded system development, printed circuit board design, network integration.
- The candidate will interact with radiation scientists, computer scientists, other electrical engineers, and other staff routinely on each project to garner requirements.
- Ability to translate requirements to electrical design, which may include using both commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) components and custom design circuits.
- Ability to document and present system designs using commonly accepted practices in NIWC Pac.
- Perform routine design and test tasks independently without supervision.
- Experience in PCB design with Altium
- Effective communications skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
The employee must:
- Have a broad technical curiosity, with a demonstrated ability to learn new subjects and skills quickly and effectively,
- Be able to effectively interact with, articulate opinions, and receive feedback from other technical team members,
- Be well-organized, detail-oriented, self-starter with good interpersonal skills,
- Have excellent technical writing and communication skills,
- Have strong computer skills,
- Have experience reading, interpreting, and understanding engineering drawings and schematics,
- Be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Knowledge of signal processing and power optimization
- Experience in software development
- Experience in system troubleshooting
- Knowledge of radiation detection systems
- Knowledge of radiation detection system test and evaluation
- Familiar with and capable of operating standard electronic test equipment: oscilloscopes, signal analyzers, frequency generators, etc.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.