Cell Site Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Join Verizon as we continue to expand our industry-leading network to improve the ways people, businesses, and things connect. Verizon is positioned to lead the “Fourth Industrial Revolution” (4IR) with the emergence of technologies like our best-in-class 5G network and the Internet of Things (IoT) to impact a wide variety of industries such as healthcare, education, manufacturing, public safety, government, and many others. We are in the midst of historic breakthroughs in connectivity and mobility to blend the physical and the digital through cutting-edge technologies such as virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, nanotechnologies, 3D printing, wearables, and advanced robotics. As part of this team, you will play a critical role in our network transformation through building a unified network across all lines of business and maintaining the technology that keeps millions of our customers connected.
As a Cell Site Engineer, you’ll be out in the field keeping our facilities and equipment in top form by maintaining several locations in your assigned area. You’ll be doing regular maintenance, keeping inventories, doing audits, and maintaining and upgrading cell sites or installations. You’ll also be evaluating our network coverage and finding ways to make it even better.
- Performing optimization, troubleshooting, and maintenance of base station equipment, RF transmitters, and Fiber network.
- Testing the fiber network and integrating network hardware to bring new products on-air and enhance customer experience.
- Evaluating network coverage to find gaps, making recommendations to improve coverage, and helping to implement those recommendations.
- Conducting routine, preventative maintenance on assigned cell sites to identify potential issues during general site inspections.
- Complying with company- and industry-wide standard directives to maintain network performance and enhance efficiency.
You will provide cell site support across your assigned territory.
Physical requirements of the job may include, but are not limited to: climbing stairs and ladders, working from elevated areas, lifting and carrying objects weighing up to approximately 65 pounds, pushing, pulling, grasping, twisting/bending, and crawling, squatting, or kneeling in small spaces.
You will provide support across your assigned territory, which is the Northwest corner of North Dakota.
What we’re looking for...
You’re tech savvy and well-versed in all things telecommunications. Working independently suits you well. You’re also thorough, vigilant, and on top of the details - someone people count on to solve problems and to make sure they don’t happen in the first place.
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Willingness to work on-call, rotating schedule (shifts) including nights, weekends, and holidays based on the needs of the business.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A technical degree in Electronics or Telecommunications.
- Experience troubleshooting antenna systems from transmitter to antenna using tools like a spectrum analyzer.
- Experience in PIM/VSWR/MIMO/RET including knowledge of fiber and LTE remote radio heads.
- Electronics training in telecommunications, two-way radio, paging, or microwave radio.
- Training in data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, computer support, scripting, project management, or power.
- Experience with Lucent, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, or Ericsson, base station equipment with LTE or CDMA technology.
- Telecom experience such as T1, DACS, or OMP.
- Experience with dark and lit fiber testing using equipment such as OTDR, fiberscope.
- Computer support experience, including troubleshooting PC hardware and configurations.
- Power experience such as Galaxy, Lorain, or DC distribution systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.