Associate Data Engineer - Telecommute
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Compile, analyze, build, and report out on CIN (Clinically Integrated Network) Data – ACO Commercial Data and MSSP Traditional Medicare Data.
- Develop and interpret reports for operational and clinically focused leaders.
- Develop data models and backend processes to support reporting needs.
- Collaborate with Data Integration and Data Management teams to source and develop data / ETL.
- Support and perform ongoing updates for production reports and processes.
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Maintains systematic reporting/analysis processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and ad hoc reports/analyses to support key departmental and corporate initiatives.
- Daily monitoring of the support mailbox to complete user requests, market requests and troubleshoot issues that may arise.
- Other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree experience
- 1+ years of data reporting/analysis experience
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as MicroStrategy or Tableau
- Experience utilizing databases and data management
- Proficient SQL skills, with the ability to create ad-hoc queries and production processes
- Familiarity with ETL tools and concepts
- Design, develop, revise, and maintain SQL scripts, code, and queries for data translation, conversion, and reporting
- Building reports and performing analyses utilizing SQL Server and BI tools
- Comfortable with the development of reports from multiple data sets and organization of data for presentation to management
- Advanced PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint, Business Maps, Microsoft Project)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with data analytics in a healthcare setting
- Experience with Lightbeam Health Solutions – third party analytical tool
- Familiarity with medical utilization
- Familiarity with ACO Commercial Data and MSSP Traditional Medicare Data
- Familiarity with EMR/EHR systems and integration
- Familiarity with CMS 5 Star, HEDIS, Risk Adjustments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to thrive in fast paced environment and flexible as department moves in many directions
- Proven analytical, research and problem-solving skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.