Sr Java Engineer - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Enterprise Provider Master Platform is cloud native event driven mastering solutions which process millions of records in near real time and generates high trust unique Provider Identity record. EPIM Program is seeking niche skilled, self motivated, self-managed & outcome driven professional to contribute in building Platform for solving complex healthcare problems using modern technology stack includes opensource and Public Cloud.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and Develop high-quality code for Provider Identity Program to drive user efficiency and overall business success using distributed databases Kafka(must) , Kafka stream, Cassandra/ElasticSearch/Redis)
- Develop Cloud native application development experience using languages: Java/Scala/Go/NodeJS/Python Experience in building highly scalable rest or graphql based API using spring framework (spring boot, spring reactive, spring graphql, spring cloud)
- Develop efficient, high performance enhancements to Provider identity applications, enhancements that address and achieve specific customer goals
- Adhere to version control, release management, and deployment protocols to distribute new functionality to the user base
- Explore new technologies, Quickly perform POC with faster turnaround, to propose solutions to the business problems
- Owning end to end lifecycle of Develop, Deployment, maintain the application till production
- Collaborate with scrum team in refining user stories and developing acceptance criteria to achieve business outcomes
- Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks using the agile development methodology
- Understand and implement CI/CD deployment and automation pipelines
- Create and Manage application and log monitoring
- Ensure these proprietary applications satisfy rigorous internally-defined technical requirements for performance, resiliency, availability and scalability
- Collaborate with solutions users to build, extend, and enhance applications that accelerate efficiency and innovation across the organization; and
- Provide post deployment support and to quickly respond to and resolve unexpected service problems in production
- Engage in technical discussions as a subject matter expert, have a point of view to offer and have strategic influence with the product, business stakeholders and other engineering teams to design and develop new product offerings and experiences
- Communicate effectively with both global teams and stakeholders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree/ Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience (5+)
- 5+ years of proven software development experience using Java, Spring Framework, Java11, REST/GraphQL, Java Collections, Unit test frameworks
- 3+ years Good hands-on experience with code build and deployment tools like Maven/Gradle and Docker.
- 2+ Good hands-on experience working NoSQL Databases
- 2+ Understanding of Cloud environment, Serverless deployment and architectures
- GraphQL API development
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Hands on experience in Data Structure, Algorithms and Design Patterns
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.