Principal Engineer-Program Management
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Build Operations Center has an opening for a talented and skilled engineering leader with strong communications and analytical skills.
Your work encompasses reporting on the health of the 5G build. You do this by leveraging your deep knowledge of network build and combining regular dialogue with working teams with analytics in order to synthesize a narrative based on data. This data-driven insight will be communicated from the working level and up through the senior executive leadership in a decisive call to action. This demands savvy relationship management, effective communication, rigorous attention to detail, high standards of quality, an ability to see hidden linkages across many different processes, and the proven ability to gain trust in order to influence.You will lead and manage several submarkets to deliver on their engineering goals through use of data and tools.
- Enable Engineering to build the Best Network with speed, scale, and purpose.
- Presenting to the leadership teams on a weekly basis. Provide a state of the build and details, What, When, How, Why.
- Monitoring build cycle times, throughput, and stock using Engineering Analytics tools.
- Looking for local successes and solutions that can benefit from national scale awareness through messaging.
- Spotting trends in time to take corrective action.
- Stepping in and driving outcomes when ownership across working teams is unclear.
- Being a thought leader on how to use Engineering Analytics tools to solve challenges.
- Collaboratingwith all organizations including Network/Operations, HQ Planning, Finance cross functionally to identify accountability and mitigate milestone delays with a willingness to take action and follow through.
*This position can be located in other valid Verizon locations*
Where you’ll be working…
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
A talented, experienced professional with deep knowledge of network and how field teams build. You have a strong interest in growing your analytics ability in order to industrialize / scale the way Engineering builds network, how that ties into Verizon’s business model, and a passion for data-driven storytelling.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in leading large scale network deployments.
- Experience with Engineering Analytics tools, Fuze SPM, CoFEE, and other network analytics reports.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline like engineering, business, finance, mathematics, statistics, analytics, computer science.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Science.
- Highly proficient in G-Suite and Microsoft Office suite.
- PM certification.
- Experience in telecom technologies (wireless, fiber, etc.).
- Worked with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams, slice through ambiguity and unstructured information, and ultimately crystallize “the goal.”
- Demonstrate ability to influence organizational direction as well as department initiatives.
- Capability to influence up, down, and across groups.
- Certifications in Data Analytics, Business Analytics, Lean Six Sigma or Project management.
- Proficiency in Tableau, both from analysis and visualization / design.
- Knowledge in PowerPoint.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing business environment and requests that come in related to upper level executive requests.