Production Support Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are seeking a Production Support Engineer for operations support of various notifications, reporting and ticketing system. In this role, you will be working to gain knowledge of the applications and provide ongoing support of the system.
The role will involve, preparing task plans and following change management process. The role requires work with Development, System Administrators, DBAs and peer IT groups. You will have the opportunity to supervise functional projects and providing statuses to management. In this role, you must be able to assess problems and if necessary communicate the problem information to peers, support group and HW/OS vendors. You will be working in a team environment and expected to follow established business processes and procedures.
- Creating the Jenkins pipeline for automating the build of the environment.
- Deploying code/packages in production and non-production environment, creating, updating and maintaining scripts used in monitoring and CI/CD deployments and analysis designs to ensure production stability.
- Creating Ansible playbooks, Cloud formation templates.
- Logging and monitoring setup, maintaining health checks.
- Supporting, monitoring and system administration of applications running on Linux, Windows and on Oracle/memsql Database.
- Engaging to drive CI/CD in the build and deployment of applications using tools like Jenkins and Ansible.
- Automating manual processes.
- Analysing problem (break/fix) and remediation.
- Supporting ESRI ArcGIS server installation and Windows server administration and support.
Where you’ll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience in Linux, including writing and executing Unix Shell script, Python, Perl.
- Experience in Web technologies -Apache, Tomcat, Weblogic.
- Experience in databases like Oracle, memsql queries analysis, and scripting.
- Willingness to work shifts.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of AWS technologies.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in troubleshooting.
- Ability to problems solving.
- DevOps and CI/CD process implementation using JIRA, Jenkins, Ansible.
- Knowledge of Grafana/Prometheus/New Relic.
- Experience in technical operations or application support environment.
- Good communication skills.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.