I O Engineer - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function design, engineer, and manage the organization's infrastructure and operational platforms. From a cloud services model, this includes services commonly thought of as IaaS and PaaS and their underlying foundational components. Additionally, this function also has responsibility for traditional enterprise infrastructure and operational platforms such as email, file transfer, and collaboration technologies, among others. This role must understand functional and non-functional requirements to ensure they can be achieved through system design and engineering to meet the needs of the customers. Work closely with business and technology stakeholders to develop roadmaps for their respective technology portfolios, resolve cross-system and domain dependencies, ensure effective integration among the services offered to the end customer, and efficient usage of infrastructure and operational platforms. Monitor technological advancements and industry trends to influence company standards and ensure that solutions are continuously improved and maintained through product management practices, including recommendations to invest in a solution or retirement of redundant or out-of-date systems. Understand the interactions between systems, the applications and services hosted, and evaluate the impact of changes and additions. Perform analysis on existing systems to ensure performance and reliability, enhance scalability, meet security requirements, and interoperable and maintainable technology portfolio.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Participate in the design, development and delivery of Micro Segmentation functionality
- Work with customers, partners and key SMEs to define product requirements
- Develop and design automation processes as per the process requirements document to meet requirements defined by the business
- Develop new processes using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand
- Ensure quality of coded components by using best practice
- Able to work with version control (GIT) and Jira or similar ticketing system
- Comply with and helps enforce design and coding standards, policies and procedures
- Ensure documentation is well maintained
- Communicate any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager and providing inputs to the change control process
- Work on Production Maintenance activities and support the Operational Teams during the UAT and rollout phases
- Adhere to team standards and best practices while keeping up to date with industry standards, and technology changes to help build robust systems to accommodate the industry requirements and business needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with software development \ programming \ database concepts working with a core programming language
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Good understanding of the key requirements documents involved in a delivery lifecycle (functional, technical, testing documents)
- Exposure to Agile delivery methods
- Good understanding of programming concepts and a programming background in one or more modern languages, preferably Java Script or Python
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.