When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This position will be responsible for driving efficiency in the Central Territory network engineering organization through developing & implementing features to support the cell site build product (FUZE). This position requires the individual to work across the NS, Territory, Submarkets, along with multiple other teams throughout Verizon (CPTs, BOC, NI, MTCE).
The Product Owner (PO) is a member of the Agile Team responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the Features or components for the team. The PO has a significant role in maximizing the value produced by the team and ensuring Stories meet the user’s needs and comply with the Definition of Done. This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the local team, including working with Product Management, Customers, Business Owners, and other stakeholders.
- Leading a SAFe team as their Product Owner
- Owning the Team Backlog,Defining Iterations & User Stories,Accept Iteration Increments
- Participate / Lead Scrum Team Ceremonies (Planning, Daily Standup, Retrospectives, Demos),ART level Ceremonies (ART Sync, PM/PO Backlog Grooming, PI sessions, etc),
- Partner with Product Manager to contribute to Vision, Roadmap & ROI.
- Working with NS and the Territory teams to develop tools to streamline workflow & automate decision trees.
- Designing, specifing, and documenting FUZE Purchase Order (SPM & nonSPM) & equipment order (including MR & BOM) standards.
- Analyzingcurrent processes and systems and recommending efficiency improvements.
- Providingleadership and guidance to Territory teams and work closely with other network departments to ensure and maintain synergy.
- Analyzingstandards and practices to drive efficiency and cost down on each solution archetype.
- Providingcomplete equipmentorder and/or purchase order specifications for Wireless Network Engineering Projects.
- Identifingbest practices from across the East Territory to drive efficiency on the bidding and services of network projects capital and expense.
- Effectively managingvendors and consultants as well as working with vendors to obtain quotes and ensure their products and services meet Verizon requirements for quality and pricing.
- Identifying and documenting processes where tasks can be replicated in a way that streamlines decision making systematically.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
This position can be located in other valid Verizon locations.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related work experience.
- Three or more years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry.
- Management skills including: implementation, project management, & change management.
- Excellent analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Decision making skills (making appropriate use of available information and data; making sound decisions with minimal support from Manager; and being responsible for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects or processes).
- Leadership skills includingcommitment to excellence, demonstrating company values and policies, initiating action, accepting responsibility for results, and making quality decisions.
- Superior organizational and project planning skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; listen attentively; integrating large volumes of information from multiple sources.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.