Principal Engineer- Quality Tools-Profiling
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
In this role, you will be responsible for Technical Product Management for Verizon’s Corporate data quality monitoring capabilities, focused on building a robust human centered experience spanning across the Supply Chain, Finance, and HR data domains. Trusted data starts with complete, accurate and valid data starting with master data and continuing through analytical data stores. Your work will focus on shaping human centered capabilities to enable data quality monitoring, trending, data lineage, issue identification, root cause analysis, issue tracking and resolution including full accountability for product vision & strategy, roadmap and backlogs around key mission objectives, delivering features from concept to launch through agile delivery methodologies, ensuring value realization, run governance and support that delivers outstanding business results / user experience. Partnership is essential in this role, as we focus on shaping a federated data strategy that requires the definition of data standards in partnership with various GPOs within the Finance, Supply Chain and HR domains, capabilities that enable issue identification, root cause analysis, tracking, disposition & SLA measurement, connectivity with owners of commercial and other non-corporate data to which the corporate functions will subscribe to deliver on our promise of delivery of trusted data.
Funded for significant annual investment to drive transformation at scale, this role requires experience in delivering extremely large and complex process transformation / system implementations including human centered design techniques, data quality & governance processes, definition of data standards, functional design, technical / solution architecture, environment & deployment strategies, operational readiness and change management across multiple functions spanning the SDLC lifecycle.
The ideal candidate for this role will be equal parts business & technical leader to be successful, with the ability to set rigorous technical / architectural standards whilst speaking the language of our business partners to influence the strategic direction master data capabilities. Focusing on driving the innovation agenda, this leader will work with internal & external industry leaders to shape world-class capabilities and enable continuous improvement.
As a Product Tech Leader, this leader will establish a Data profiling and Data quality tooling and lead a team of key SMEs to deliver this capability and influence Global Process Owners to deliver transformative solutions.
Accountable for end to end from vision / strategy through to delivery, value realization and run support / governance – this leader will focus on the big picture and have the discipline to drive massive transformational efforts. Strong people leadership & influencing skills are essential.
- Owning agile delivery model, roadmap, backlog execution processes for Data Quality and Lineage dash boards.
- Establishing Data Quality(DQ) and Profiling tooling with standards and guard rails.
- Establishing PaaS/SaaS kind of service offering with Multi-tenant model to service multiple LOB’s and applications.
- Keeping the platform current and green (i.e. up to date with versions and security).
- Developing road maps for auto-migration to higher versions and releases of DQ tools.
- Establishing In-take process and end to end life cycle for DQ and profiling tool uses and support system.
- Developing, owning and executing the product roadmap, end to end data strategy / vision, including governance & data continuous improvement.
- Partnering with stakeholders to inform the product vision, strategy, features and prioritization.
- Prioritizing and maintaining the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of the business.
- Leading the product functional design process.
- Partnering with Enterprise Data governance team to establish capability required to meet the DQ/profiling objectives.
- Understanding how to translate business processes into the design of product capabilities and keep incrementing capability to meet the requirement, where relevant rationalize the tools required to meet the business objectives.
- Defining capability definition of DQ and profiling tools and assessment of the same.
- Employing human centered design with reporting solutions.
- Coordinating support for systems initiatives driven by other groups if there are impacts to downstream systems.
- Leading selection process for external project support and sets direction for provider.
- Developing/assisting with project plans, including estimates, work breakdown structure and schedules
- Coordinating and directing project team resources.
- Analyzing and implementing corrective actions when progress deviates from plan.
- Monitoring the quality assurance, deliverable acceptance, and sign–off processes.
- Monitoring and mitigating project risk.
- Motivating and managing project team using effective communication and leadership.
- Identifying and organizing required external support (Verizon & Third Party).
- Understanding/Defining Business Processes and integrated hand offs/dependencies.
- Effectively partnering with the business and IT for successful implementations.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience in Data ecosystem with the lens of DQ and profiling both as Concept, objectives and tooling.
- Experience in playing as platform owner for DQ and profiling tooling.
- Experience in trending DQ and profiling tools especially Informatica IDQ.
- Experience in building practice and Center of excellence for DQ and profiling tools in a complex data ecosystem.
- Experience in writing capability definition of DQ and profiling and Tools assessment.
- Experience in Data quality and profiling concepts and objectives.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in modern data architecture, data engineering techniques and associated tools.
- Experience in implementing DQ/Profiling tooling on Cloud.
- Experience in over all data governance concepts and implementation.
- Experience in building service management processes enabling root cause analysis, issue identification, resolution / SLA tracking.
- Experienced in taking a company forward in a fast growth environment, providing insight for direction and managing change effectively.
- Proven success managing large, dynamic teams in a fast paced environment.
- Proven experience in successful delivery of scaled agile.
- Hands on and pragmatic approach to business, processes and user needs.
- Strong customer focus and ability to recognize impact of decisions on end users.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to interact with team members and external customers.
- Strong presentation skills to all levels of management; ability to communicate complex concepts in a manner that is understood by the audience.
- Ability to prioritize efforts and tasks in a high volume and fast paced environment.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.”
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.