Sr. Engineer - Oracle EPM Technical Product Analyst
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
In the rapidly changing Verizon Corporate line of business, you will leverage your Oracle EPM skills to accomplish the following:
- Applying your deep understanding of Oracle EPBCS as well as other applications such as Data Management/FMDEE, and Enterprise Data Management to support large-scale, complex planning projects, with a focus on continuous improvement and process optimization.
- Engaging with product technical leads to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Developing functional designs.
- Ensuring that designs are optimized both from a technical design perspective as well as the usability of the application.
- Engaging with developers to ensure the functional designs are correctly transformed into technical designs.
- Partnering with developers to ensure designs are supportable and adhere to technical design standards.
Where you’ll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A bachelor's degree in Information Systems or a related discipline.
- Knowledgeof direct experience as an Oracle EPM Techno-Functional expert.
- Knowledge of the Oracle EPM architecture.
- Understanding of integration mechanisms between Oracle EPM Pods.
- Experiencein editing and presenting technical documents.
- Ability to innovate and find new ways to solve complex problems.
- Experience in product-based Agile methodologies and value-driven delivery.
- Knowledge of Human-centered design principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership skills to professionally navigate obstacles, balance priorities, collaborate and work effectively on a virtual team.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.