Principal Engineer-Data Catalog-Taxonomy (MDM)
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
In this role, you will be responsible for Technical Product Management for Verizon’s Corporate end-to-end master data management capabilities, focused on building a robust human centered experience spanning across the Supply Chain, Finance, and HR data domains. Your work will focus on shaping human centered end to end processes from identification of the need for new master data, through to its request and eventual creation / maintenance including full accountability for product vision and strategy, roadmap and backlogs around key mission objectives, delivering features from concept to launch through agile delivery methodologies, ensuring value realization, run governance and support that delivers outstanding business results / user experience.
The ideal candidate for this role will be equal parts business and technical leader to be successful, with the ability to set rigorous technical / architectural standards whilst speaking the language of our business partners to influence the strategic direction, master data and governance capabilities.This Product Technical Leader will drive a large team of Verizon Technical Product Owners and 3rd party partners, as well as influence Global Process Owners to deliver transformative solutions. In this role you’ll be accountable for end-to-end from vision / strategy through to delivery, value realization and run support / governance – this leader will focus on the big picture and have the discipline to drive massive transformational efforts.
- Developing, owning, and execute the technology and capability product roadmap for Master Data governance especially Catalog, Taxonomy and Policies.
- Owning agile delivery model, roadmap, backlog execution processes for technology road maps defined.
- Leading the product functional design process for Data Governance pertaining for Master data.
- Partnering with Enterprise data governance teams to contribute to evolution of federated data governance and enforce enterprise policies on Master data.
- Partnering with stakeholders to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization.
- Contributing to influence business ownership on Data and governance.
- Partnering with all the master data consuming teams to enforce governance standards and principles.
- Contributing to end-to-end data strategy / vision, including governance and data continuous improvement.
- Prioritizing and maintaining the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of the business.
- Understanding how to translate business processes into the design for master data governance.
- Serving as the technical product lead for the Master data governance subject matter and tooling experts, expect to hands on to nurture the skill and coach.
- Leading selection process for external project support and sets direction for provider.
- Developing/assisting with project plans, including estimates, work breakdown structure and schedules.
- Coordinating and directs project team resources.
- Analyzing and implementing corrective actions when progress deviates from plan.
- Monitoring the quality assurance, deliverable acceptance, and sign–off processes.
- Monitoring and mitigating project risk.
- Motivating and managing project team using effective communication and leadership.
- Identifying and organizing required external support (Verizon and Third Party).
- Understanding/Defining Business Processes and integrated hand offs/dependencies.
- Effectively partnering with the business and IT for successful implementations.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Data governance aspects of Master Data / Data Process.
- Experience in implementing Data governance tools like ICPD4, and Collibra.
- Experience with SAP MDG, and Oracle EDM products.
- Experience in Master Data management.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Proven success managing Technical product teams in a fast paced environment.
- Proven experience in successful delivery of scaled agile.
- Hands on and pragmatic approach to business, processes, and user needs.
- Strong customer focus and ability to recognize impact of decisions on end users.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to interact with team members and external customers.
- Strong presentation skills to all levels of management; ability to communicate complex concepts in a manner that is understood by the audience.
- Ability to prioritize efforts and tasks in a high volume and fast paced environment.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.