Data Engineer - Remote
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze raw data sources and data transformation requirements and perform data modeling against large data sets for peak efficiency
- Design, build, and deploy processes to load data (sets and sources) into Hadoop efficiently to maximize resource efficiency and control infrastructure costs
- Act as an expert/SME in at least one technology/tool such as AtScale, Scala, Hbase, Python, etc.
- Security, storage engineering, data warehousing, data provisioning, technical documentation and other similar duties
- Design big data solutions based on high-level architecture
- Manage the technical communication between the data owners and internal systems
- Manage relationships with software and hardware vendors to understand the potential architectural impact of different vendor strategies and data acquisition
- Database architecture, engineering, design, optimization, security, and administration; as well as data modeling, big data development, Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) development, storage engineering, data warehousing, data provisioning and other similar roles
- Platform-as-a-Service and Cloud solution with a focus on data stores and associated eco systems
- Management of design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, ensuring strict data quality, and performing needs assessments
- Analyze current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities
- May design schemas, write SQL or other data markup scripting and helps to support development of Analytics and Applications that build on top of data
- Select, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Analyze and investigate
- Provide explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Please review the required qualifications as posted below. To be eligible to apply and be reviewed for the position, the candidate must meet or exceed all posted required qualifications listed. We value your time and interest in this position and thank you again for taking the time to review the job posting.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in implementation of ETL applications, Data warehousing principles, and implementation in large environments
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - system development projects
- Hands-on experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, Unix)
- Experience developing reports utilizing Tableau or other visualization software
- Experience programming on Big Data platforms (Hadoop - MapR)
- Excellent communication skills to succeed in a telecommute environment
- Analytical and problem-solving experience applied to a Big Data environment
- Understanding and related experience with Hadoop database tools (HBase, Spark, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.