Principal Support Engineer L3 - Telecommute
Landmark Health is hiring a new Principal Support Engineer L3 to join the level 3 application support team which serves as the highest point of escalation within the support organization and liaison to the development team. You will become a subject matter expert in Ubiquity, the EHR system that powers the Landmark business. Using domain knowledge and relevant expertise, the L3 application support team will identify the area of fault (code, environment or configuration) and guide the appropriate team in constructing and implementing the fix. The challenges you will be faced with are complex in nature, require advanced troubleshooting skills and an intricate knowledge of Ubiquity. Coding is not a requirement for this position, but you will be expected to read source code and have an ability to triage and identify root causes for production issues. Your ability to effectively triage, reproduce, troubleshoot and document issues for the development organization will be crucial to the quality of the software services we provide and will have a direct impact on customer satisfaction. You will maintain direct and effective interaction with the user base, product management and software development teams.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- The Level 3 Application Support team member will be part of a group that is responsible for the maintenance and support of Ubiquity. Serve as a direct point of escalation to the lower level application support engineers
- Directly engage with customers and lower level support teams to resolve customer reported problems
- Remotely accessing production server environments and end-user devices to triage and resolve customer reported problems
- Broad knowledge of business functions to resole critical and strategic business technology challenges
- Perform advanced troubleshooting for Ubiquity including the reading of source code, application logs and other relevant diagnostic information to identify the root cause of an issue
- Serve as subject matter expert on Ubiquity to the broader organization
- Mentor and train peers in the Application Support organization
- Document troubleshooting and triage best practices and maintain the Application Support knowledge base
- Open application defects in JIRA and work with the product development team to prioritize the defect backlog
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or 2 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
- 7+ years of extensive knowledge and experience in development and/or application-based troubleshooting for a commercial software product
- While coding is not required, the ability to read and navigate C# source code and familiarity with .Net Framework is necessary
- Excellent troubleshooting and triage skills
- Unconditional desire to be helpful
- Expert in Microsoft Operating Systems
- Solid understanding of network technologies and the impact they may have on distributed software applications
- Knowledge of MongoDB including the ability to query MongoDB Collections
- Experience with healthcare software application support and the unique challenges handling PHI
- Effective written and verbal communicate skills across organizational boundaries
\To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.