Sr UX Product Engineer - Telecommute
Careers at Solutran, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We create direct spending solutions driven by our extensive financial tech experience to help those we serve be healthier, happier and more productive. Our platform helps members manage their health plans, supplemental benefits and rewards all in one place. You’ll have the opportunity to make it easier for consumers to manage their own health by making healthier products more affordable and their purchases streamlined. If you are a driven individual that thrives in fast-paced environments, values diversity and wants meaningful work that impacts the lives of many, then this is the team for you. Being part of an organization that makes healthier living easier for others leads to your life's best work.(sm)
Our industry-leading S3® payments platform supports some of the largest benefits and rewards programs in the world by offering value to consumers and directing the spending of funds to approved health-enhancing products and services instantly at more than 35,000+ point of sale locations. This advanced technology has led to Solutran’s rapid ascent to market leadership in healthcare benefits and has broader applicability across numerous other industries.
Working within a FinTech powerhouse, Solutran team members enjoy a culture of performance and collaboration, along with the resources and technology tools of a Fortune 5 company that comes with being a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our teams work in close partnership with the largest and most powerful companies in America including Aetna, Anthem, CVS, General Mills, Kroger, UnitedHealthcare, Walmart, Walgreens and more.
As a Graphic UI/UX Designer, you’re expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically.
This is a mid-level creative position responsible for design and execution of digital products and websites. In this role, you will partner with other graphic designers, product managers, and software engineers to solve user problems and create world-class digital executions for a core demographic. Projects include creation and management of mobile apps, websites, portal interfaces that draw attention and communicate crisply.
The UI/UX Designer will work on a small team within the Marketing team, supporting specific customers program needs for digital executions. This position will also be responsible for other projects as needed throughout the year, including support on various print collateral and marketing materials.
This position will include flexibility for some in-office days and some work from home days, therefore, we are looking for local Twin Cities, Minnesota candidates only.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- The UI/UX Designer is responsible for a wide variety of visual design and user interface executions and will be a primary “doer.” Projects and essential duties include:
- Design and execute each project from concept and wireframing to finished high-fidelity designs and prototypes. This includes exploring different solutions and specifying UX and interaction designs
- Maintain a clear vision of the latest design trends and tools through constant research, and then allow that research to inform your design decisions
- Embed yourself into a scrum team to partner with engineers during the implementation of your designs
- Create, maintain, and organize our Solutran Design System based on informed research using existing elements, and then evolve this over time
- Collaborate constantly with design team members and stakeholders by seeking and incorporating feedback at every stage of a project. Use this collaboration to help improve your designs, as well as the work of other designers
- Ensure that all visual design adheres to existing brand guidelines across multiple marketing channels and help to evolve these guidelines over time
- Ensure your designs are visually accessible
- Explain and discuss the thinking and process behind your designs
- Contribute to various print and marketing collateral needs, as well as other projects and duties as assigned
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of UI/UX design experience with a portfolio showcasing a variety of digital work including but not limited to mobile apps, websites, and portal interfaces
- Experience with Sketch and InVision
- Knowledge of both iOS and Android mobile platforms
- Knowledge of web and mobile accessibility standards
- Understanding of excellent design and hierarchy of communications theory
- Proficiency with Mac OSX, Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with designing printed collateral, large or small, from start to finish
- Knowledge with other UI/UX design software (e.g., Figma, Adobe XD, Principle)
- Knowledge of responsive web design and accessibility standards for web
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.