Data Assurance Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be responsible for the advanced installation, operation, administration, and advanced maintenance of the regional data network elements, ensuring network integrity and quality. These networks include, but are not limited to Samsung VRAN components, VRAN components, and Corning virtualized components.
- Troubleshooting, upgrading, and coordinating multiple vendor systems.
- Serving as a technical leader during troubleshooting events.
- Maintaining systems, elements, and platform applications.
- Providing support to a varied user community.
- Updating daily logs with site-specific information.
- Composing clear and concise reports for system documentation.
Where you’ll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
For this position, candidates can be located anywhere in the East Territory.
What we’re looking for...
You’re tech savvy, and proficient in all things telecommunications. Working independently suits you well. You’re also detailed, vigilant, and on top of the details - someone people count on to solve problems and to make sure they don’t happen in the first place.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- One or more years of experience in Wireless Networking Architecture or 4G/5G Network Architecture.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A technical degree.
- Certifications such as CCENT, CCNA, or CCNP.
- Knowledge in at least one of the following areas: Data networking and communications, wireless technologies, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, or power distribution.
- Knowledge of data networking protocols including TCP/IP, OSI, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, BFD, SIP and other LAN/WAN protocols.
- Knowledge of data transmission facilities such as 1G and 10G native Ethernet and Ethernet Backhaul.
- Programming and computer skills with emphasis on applications.
- Knowledge of Openstack, Openshift, and virtual environments.
- Information Systems experience and/or CCNA, JUNOS, Unix, Openstack or Redhat Linux.
- Strong skill set in critical thinking, problem solving, change management and meeting project timelines.
- Ability to coordinate, collaborate, and work well within a team environment to meet common goals.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Connecticut work location, the compensation range for this position is between $72,000 and $134,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.