Cell Site Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Cell Site Engineer, you’ll be out in the field keeping our facilities and equipment in top form by maintaining several locations in your assigned area. You’ll be doing regular maintenance, keeping inventories, doing audits, and maintaining and upgrading cell sites or installations. You’ll also be evaluating our network coverage and finding ways to make it even better.
- Performing optimization, troubleshooting, and maintaining base station equipment, RF transmitters, and Fiber network.
- Testing the fiber network and integrating network hardware to bring new products on-air and enhance customer experience.
- Evaluating network coverage to find gaps, making recommendations to improve coverage, and helping to implement those recommendations.
- Conducting routine, preventative maintenance on assigned cell sites to identify potential issues during general site inspections.
- Complying with company and industry wide standard directives to maintain network performance and enhance efficiency.
This role is eligible to be considered for the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
This position includes a relocation package.
Physical requirements of the job may include, but are not limited to: climbing stairs and ladders, working from elevated areas, lifting and carrying objects weighing up to approximately 65 pounds, pushing, pulling, grasping, twisting/bending, and crawling, squatting, or kneeling in small spaces.
You will provide cell site support across Independence, Parkville, and Saint Joseph, MO territories
What we’re looking for...
You’re tech savvy and well-versed in all things telecommunications. Working independently suits you well. You’re also thorough, vigilant, and on top of the details - someone people count on to solve problems and to make sure they don’t happen in the first place.
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Willingness to work rotating schedule (shifts), based on the needs of the business.
- Ability to report to the assigned territory within one hour of notice to provide coverage.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A technical degree in Electronics or Telecommunications.
- Experience in troubleshooting antenna systems from transmitter to antenna using tools like a spectrum analyzer.
- Experience in PIM/VSWR/MIMO/RET including knowledge of fiber and LTE remote radio heads.
- Experience in Electronics training in telecommunications, two-way radio, paging, or microwave radio.
- Knowledge of data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, computer support, scripting, project management, or power.
- Experience in Lucent, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, or Ericsson, base station equipment with LTE or CDMA technology.
- Experience in Telecom such as T1, DACS, or OMP.
- Experience in dark and lit fiber testing using equipment such as OTDR, fiberscope.
- Experience in computer support, including troubleshooting PC hardware and configurations.
- Experience in power such as Galaxy, Lorain, or DC distribution systems.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.