Distinguished Engineer- Product Engineering
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is spearheading the industry by continuing to provide innovative voice services by developing and implementing technologies such as STIR/SHAKEN, Enterprise Branded Calling and leading the industry in restoring trust to voice. Join a team of engineers to deliver the promise of the digital world by shaping the future of Verizon’s Call Filter, Spam call protection, Branded Calling and related voice service products.
The Consumer Product Engineering team under the Technology and Product Development organization is looking for a Self-Motivated, innovative, out of the box thinker and forward looking individual to join a team of engineers that are in the fore front of combatting Spam Calls for Verizon.
- Working with our counterparts in the Product Consumer and wholesale organizations to capture their vision of a new product feature and turn that vision into a tangible product by taking the concept through the product life cycle.
- Working with the various Network and GTS organizations to support new feature deployment.
- Bringing thought leadership in day to day engagements to ensure the product we offer is on the leading edge and best in class.
- Evaluating next-generation technologies, existing deployments, competitive trends and business drivers to design best in class solutions.
- Managing day to day engagements with the vendor, hold the vendor accountable to their deliveries, initiate/renew SOWs and contracts and make sure new features are in compliance with legal requirements.
- Continually monitoring customer feedback and work with ASP,NRB and/or Customer Care to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
- Delivering product architecture design, development and quality assurance.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Product Development/Engineering.
- Experience in 4G/5G Wireless technologies and call Flows.
- Experience in working in cross functional teams and managing vendor engagements.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree in an Engineering field.
- Extensive System Integration experience.
- Knowledge of Wireless and Broadband technology standards such as STIR/SHAKEN, 3GPP, ATIS and CTIA.
- Knowledge of AI and Machine Learning.
- Wireline, Wireless and IT industry experience.
- Experience in deploying large and small projects with components from all aspects of the business.
- Experience in Wireless IP networking, routing and switching.
- Experience in app development for both iOS and Android.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.