Automation Engineer - Pine Brook, NJ
***External candidates are eligible for a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus or Relocation Assistance***
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
New and increased automaton technology engineering skills are needed for design operation improvements and equipment service to increase capacity and reduce operating costs. We rely heavily on our vendors to provide solutions/changes. They will be responsible for designing and implementing line changes to improve efficiency, accuracy, reduce operating expenses and increase capacity. Work with automation teams to implement processes to improve maintenance and overall uptime of equipment. Engineers will be critical to support future pharmacy designs to meet anticipated growth. New Engineers will be responsible for working on process improvement of the fulfillment center including warehouse operations to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Work with vendor and internal engineers to focus to maximize system overall equipment effectiveness measure (OEE)
- Manage budget, schedule, and scope of design, cost justification of refurbishment/expansion projects ranging from 50k - 2 million dollars
- Design and implement automation systems in operational environments
- Debug PLCs, networking, power systems, I/O devices, etc. and develop and improve SCADA/DCS programs
- Data analytic skills to troubleshoot and improve performance and reliability of equipment and entire system
- Installation and startup of new or changes to equipment or processes and coordinates major maintenance and repair of automation equipment
- Evaluates new developments in repackaging field for possible applications to current processes
- Be the technical expert in resolving technical issues around automation equipment
- Other duties may be assigned based on business needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred Engineering or Computer Sciences, Automation, Electrical, Mechanical)
- 3+ years of experience in an industrial application/ environment
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time for this role
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Automation, Electrical, Mechanical, or related field
- 1+ years working in automations in a production setting
- Experience with automation equipment (conveyors, motors, PLCs, IO devices, pneumatic components, motion control, Robotics programing, Vision systems)
- Strength in problem solving technology in a highly automated environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a realated entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal candidates") are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.