AWS Infrastructure Engineer
- Work with cutting edge technologies and business models
- Contribute to brand new, patent-worthy, concepts and products.
- Be part of small, self-empowered teams.
- Participate in customizable skill-level and personal development training.
- Opportunity to identify, research, and feed the development of new and experimental products.
- Freedom to utilize different technologies, languages, and frameworks that apply to the problem being solved.
- Influence and inform solution design efforts that consider performance, risk mitigation, user experience, and testability.
- Participates in Design Thinking to identify personas, develop problem solving ideas, and pitch ideas to leadership as a team.
- Competitive Benefits, Pay, and Bonus Potential.
- STEM Mentoring Opportunities: Give back to the community in your area of expertise through volunteering at STEM events for students!
- Local volunteer opportunities.
- 401k plan
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Initiatives, and more!
Join the P&C Actuarial & Underwriting Modeling (PCM) Department as an Infrastructure Engineer on the Cloud Enablement team!
The P&C Actuarial and Underwriting Modeling Department is developing innovating predictive models using emerging technologies and capabilities. Working on the Cloud Enablement team within a business department, you play an integral role to work directly with business partners to make fast decisions and drive pace. Y our work is essential for enabling teams to move to the Cloud, investigating new and innovative services, standing up services while collaborating with business partners on proof of concepts, and forging creative solutions.
As a member of the PCM Department you will be challenged and empowered to grow professionally. We are dedicated to helping each of our associates develop to their full potential. We appreciate your interest in this role.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will:
- Work closely with product teams to streamline their delivery of business solutions on our AWS platform...includes automation of builds and helping with adopting new cloud services
- Assists in providing continuous integration and delivery practices to support data science solutions
- Identify critical and emerging technologies, techniques, tools, data sources, and platforms in the infrastructure engineering field, including cloud-based solutions, that support and extend predictive modeling/machine learning solutions
We are looking for all levels of Infrastructure Engineers:
- Experience in any programming languages such as Python, Spark, Java, etc.
- Experience with developing solutions on AWS or other distributed compute platforms such as Hadoop
- Experience with version control (e.g., GitHib, GitLab)
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies and languages
- Critical thinking skills to challenge current thinking and apply right technology to solve problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Experience with infrastructure as code/ using deployment automation technologies, preferably Terraform
- Experience using Docker or other web server technology in a Linux environment
- Experience with Kubernetes (deploying/hosting runners, applications)
- Experience with CI/CD systems, and integration with code dependency scans
- Experience with GitOps
- Experience with scripting language: Bash, Python, etc.
****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity*****
This is a hybrid (in-office and offsite) work arrangement based out of our corporate office located in Bloomington, IL, OR State Farm Hubs: Richardson, TX; Dunwoody, GA; Phoenix AZ.