Principal Engineer SAP Technical Architect
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As ERP technical specialist in IT Corporate Systems group, this individual will lead strategic and transformation initiatives such as 1ERP, which is a multiyear project to consolidate 6+ ERP platforms into single ERP platform to drive efficiencies and revenue growth specifically in the integration of SAP MDG with SAP S4/HANA. The SAP Technical Architect establishes standards and requirements on technical layers to deliver business value. Orchestrate key proof of concept to assess the potential business value of new SAP technologies and leading migration efforts of SAP ERP into cloud such as AWS.
The individual will provide advice on technical aspects of system development and integration and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly. Understand and advocate the Enterprise Architecture and information technology strategies. She/he will analyze SAP and partner roadmaps along with market trends to determine their potential impact to current systems. Provide guidance on system builds/support for SAP rollout. This position will lead technical functions in and around SAP Master Data Governance (MDG) and S/4 HANA ERP platforms with business functions spanning across other systems and other SAP products such as Hybris, IBP, CAR, Ariba, SAP Analytics. This role will interface with business partners, system integration leads, functional leads, development leads and infrastructure leads in order to fulfill the stated primary goal.
- Provide thought leadership of the current SAP development, QA and production environments across multiple SAP instances on cloud or on premises to detect critical deficiencies in design, performance, scalability, continuity, security and error handling.
- Recommend solutions for improvementincludingmultiple SAP landscapes covering MDG, S4/HANA, Hybris, IBP, CAR, Ariba, SAP Analytics, ECC, Solution Manager, BI/BW and PI/PO. Plan and improve infrastructure architecture, establish technology standards and manage adherence and ensure leveragability across the enterprise.
- Select appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensures that they are applied effectively.
- Lead technical aspects of system development and integration and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
- Work with basis team to tune the memory/cpu parameters for jobs & online traffic.
- Lead and provide guidance on SAP cloud migration including DevSecOps, work with vendors like SAP and Deloitte in designing and building scalable platforms for 1ERP, One Sourcing, One Planning initiatives and beyond.
- Administer solution that facilitate user provisioning/de-provisioning, authentication/authorization, and reporting based on business needs, industry best practices, and Audit/regulatory requirements by working with IT and Business Unit owners
- Own and lead support of supply chain and finance ERP applications by collaborating with other IT teams including managed services in resolving any production issues and making the apps highly available.
- Provide support on outages and help resolve them with in MTTR and provide root cause to management. Reduce cost of ownership and exceed customer SLAs
- Lead innovation and “Build vs Buy” to deliver best in class solutions.
- Develop technical strategic roadmap to drive customers experience and improve operational financial cost controls.
- Work with vendor to build or innovate capabilities into their product roadmap through participation in SAP conferences, production innovation and design thinking workshops or analyzing latest trends to deliver value added functionality.
- Deliver enterprise level impact through influencing organization(s) to deliver solutions using the latest trends or technologies.
Where you’ll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of related experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in Agile and Dev/Sec/Ops methodologies, Code Reusability, and Automation
- Experience in SAP processes and customization, MDG, S/4HANA, ABAP, Enhancement Framework, SQL, Workflow/Release Strategy, Integration Methods, LSMW.
- Bachelor's in computer science or related discipline.
- Knowledge in Core SAP Application Areas.
- Experience on using Netweaver Gateway Services. Formats include OData, JSON and XML’s, Usage of tools like Eclipse for both SAPUI5 / Fiori and ABAP developments.
- Experience in Cloud development.
- Source code repository and versioning using github / gitlabs.
- Ability to debug systems to analyze and resolve issues. Leverage DevOps and Agile to deliver solutions.
- Experience on access and experience to the latest technologies.
- Onsite / offshore work model experience.
- Security and Vulnerability remediation. Experience with security by design.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies where appropriate.
- Leadership skills & capabilities with very good Analytical and Communication skills.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.