Principal Java Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This position is responsible to demonstrate knowledge and interest in latest technologies, Cloud, Software Development, Distributed Systems, CICD, and Enterprise Application Software. This position will design, implement, support new and migration of existing APIs to the cloud infrastructure, analysis of tools and help identify and support standards for cloud development. The successful candidates will join a growing team that builds Tracfone middle tier application; lead the charge in transformation that takes us way from monolith (SOA, etc.) to RESTful Microservices in the cloud.
- Developing, test, and maintain Tracfone middle-ties applications.
- Participating in Server-side components, front end API integration and testing of enterprise applications.
- Identifying, design, and implement process improvements: automate manual processes, redesign infrastructure for greater scalabilities.
- Designing and Architect distributed cloud applications.
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Establishing and maintain application infrastructure using AWS.
- Guiding the delivery of services all the way to production.
- Managing application dependencies.
- Working with QA team to develop and maintain regression and unit testing platform.
- Leading a team of developers to design, develop and deliver Sprint objectives.
- Collaborating with business owners and product owners to gather requirements and participate in Sprint grooming and planning.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in developing and maintaining a robust microservices/ service-oriented architecture-based APIs/services with cross-service integrations.
- Experience in building and operating software in AWS, GCP or AZURE.
Even better of you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in APIs, API gateway, security standards and different authentication models.
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication skills - will be required to present demonstrations to client executives as regular intervals.
- Experience in JMS/ AMQP (IBM/ Rabbit MQ), Redis or Couchbase.
- Experience in Jenkins and CICD process.
- Understanding of Spring, JMS frameworks, RESTful Microservice, SOA and web services, WSDL/XSD.
- Understanding of Spring - Core, Caching, NoSQL databases, ORM, Spring JDBC, etc.
- Understanding of Computer Networks, Security, Algorithms.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.
- Experience in GraphQL.
- Prior experience in telecom industry is a plus.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.