Wireless Construction Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are constantly innovating to bring the latest technologies to our customers. Come be a part of this exciting team introducing 4G and 5G solutions in Texas, OK and LA. As a Construction Engineer, you will manage a variety of internal and external partners and vendors to oversee construction for both 4G and 5G technologies. Your vital role will ensure that these multi-stakeholder, complex projects are delivered on time, to specifications, and within budget.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to establish project designs, scope, deliverables, and timelines.
- Reviewing construction drawings and RF Data sheets.
- Developing and maintaining detailed schedules for each project and actively managing the scheduled tasks with outside vendors and GC's, including major milestones, action items, long lead purchases, and any other commitments that would impact the project schedule.
- Interfacing and negotiate with local jurisdictions and municipalities on scope and designs.
- Analyzing implications of changes from the original schedule and taking required corrective actions to ensure the project stays on track.
- Providing regular project status reports to management and the project team.
- Coordinating and overseeing the issuance of RFQs and the evaluation of responses, based on purchasing requirements, and providing detailed analysis and recommendations for the best candidates.
- Performing regular financial administration of purchase orders.
- Finding opportunities to improve existing processes or own and create new ones.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
We are looking for a highly motivated experienced Wireless Construction Engineer. You enjoy managing complex, large-scale projects impacting a large variety of stakeholders, both internal and external. You have a keen eye for detail, but never lose sight of the big picture. Being results-driven and well-organized, you are adept at identifying potential project roadblocks and developing mitigation strategies. Excellent communication and team building skills enable you to negotiate with internal and external partners to ensure nothing gets in the way of success. You thrive in a fast-paced, high demand environment, making effective decisions quickly, influencing change, and juggling competing priorities with ease.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Wireless Construction management experience handling high volume with a track record of delivering results.
- Experience with budget tracking, cost estimation, and cost accounting of capital plans.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Samsung/Nokia, DC plant design, and general construction knowledge
- Knowledge of fiber installation and standards.
- Experience in telecommunications / data networking or wireless industry.
- Experience with building small cells in the ROW and familiar with utility pole standards.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.