Outside Plant Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will contribute to the general management of engineering and construction activities pertaining to the development of multiple, simultaneous network infrastructure projects. These projects will include oDAS Implementation, C-RAN Implementation, Hub Modification, Dark Fiber Conversion, and temporary cellular sites. Demonstrating the appropriate ownership, decision making and creativity, you will resolve complex problems and find solutions every day keeping our business running efficiently.
- Resolving and coordinating the integration of equipment for C-RAN projects, power systems, batteries, interconnect equipment and space planning.
- Participating in project management of network growth and system integration to include the identification of critical paths, breakthroughs, and contingency plans; new technologies/services in the sub-market related to CRAN engineering and Network Assurance.
- Attending project update meetings to present current status of pending and ongoing projects.
- Working closely with the RF Design, Real Estate, Construction, Network Assurance, Interconnect, System Performance and the Territory Planning team.
- Managing vendors to meet targeted network breakthroughs and integration dates.
- Providing input for budget and overall planning.
- Working within the financial constraints of allocated budget.
- Adopting current methods/procedures for equipment tracking and inventory control.
- Working on process improvements that assist in communication and coordination with other network teams.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You value diverse perspectives and seek out different points of view when trying to solve a complex problem. Obstacles are puzzles you’d like to solve. You have a sense of urgency and deliver timely, on-budget results. You thrive in a fast-paced, high demand environment, making effective decisions quickly, and juggling competing priorities with ease. You keep the big picture in focus as you manage the details on the way to the finish line.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Project management.
- Valid driver's license.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 50% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Three or more years of wireless background, including a working knowledge of wireless network architecture/equipment.
- Knowledge of Nokia BTS and transport equipment.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft procurement system.
- Knowledge of CATS/FULCRUM Inventory management system.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Fuze tools.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.