Sr Data Engineer-MDX Tabluar_AtScale
Join The #1 Furniture Company-Join The #1 Furniture Brand
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry’s broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
Senior Data Engineer Job Description
- We are looking for a savvy Senior Data Engineer to join our growing team. Provide senior-level contribution to a team that is responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of the Ashley Furniture’s data platforms. This role requires a deep understanding of data architecture, data engineering, data analysis, reporting, and a basic understanding of data science techniques and workflows. You will work with software developers, architects, and data analysts on expanding and optimizing our data models and data pipeline architecture, as well as streamlining data flow and collection in support of our cross-functional teams.
- You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing Ashley’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- · Responsible for full development cycle of Data Engineering & Warehousing concepts, including requirements gathering, architecture, design, implementation and maintenance
- · Oversight of our AtScale platform and development of Ashley’s OLAP cubes.
- · Designs, models, documents, and guides the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications.
- · Work closely with business users to gather the requirements and translate business needs to technical specifications
- · Builds and maintains Azure data platform including enterprise data lake and data warehouse in alignment with our strategic objectives and organizational goals
- · Actively collaborates with the business intelligence team, business teams, and project teams to understand data requirements, integration needs, constraints, and performance requirements
- · Performs ETL, ELT operations, and administration of data and systems securely and in accordance with enterprise data governance standards.
- · Works with Data Scientists and ML Engineers to understand mathematical models and optimize data solutions accordingly.
- · Developing and maintaining data lake and data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures, and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
- · Primary point-of-contact with certain 3rd parties & technology partners.
- · Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
- · Advanced skills with data warehouse architectures, dimensional models, star schema designs and/or in-memory/columnar databases
- · Working experience in developing & maintaining OLAP models, AtScale preferred
- · Advanced SQL & T-SQL skills solving complex problems
- · Proficient in programming languages such as Spark, Spark SQL, R, Python, Java and Scala
- · Strong experience with Database Management Systems (DBMS), specifically SQL and NoSQL.
- · Demonstrated success working within Azure Synapse Analytics and Azure Blob Storage
- · Working experience with API / RESTful data services
- · Proficient with big data technologies such as Spark, Databricks, Hadoop, etc.
- · Basic experience working with popular data discovery, analytics and BI software tools like Power BI for semantic-layer-based data discovery